Dish 500 pointing/alignment Instructions

Discussion in 'The DISH Forum' started by rrolsbe, Apr 8, 2005.

1. rrolsbe

rrolsbe Thread Starter Member

Since I need to move my dish, can anyone point me to a document that has instructions on how to realign a Dish 500 dish for the 110/119 birds. I am considering the purchase of another Dish 500 to point at the Canadian Nimiq birds. Will I get sufficient signal hear in Albuquere, NM, using a Dish 500, to receive the DBS Nimiq birds? Any imformation on aligning a dish to the Nimiq birds would also be greatly appreciated. I plan to connect my FTA receiver to this additional Dish 500 dish.

Thanks Very Much
    Regards
    Ron

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. Dishpointer

Dishpointer Supporting Founder
    Supporting Founder

I think Iceburg is better suited to answer this question for you.

3. cdru

cdru Just another yahoo
    Supporting Founder

Check out this thread. The 2nd poster gave great instructions on how to align a dish. ;) The information is oriented towards a Dish500 antenna using Dish satellites, but the idea would be the same for any type of dish. Skew is only a consideration for multi-lnb (eleptical) dishes or LNBs that receive a H/V polarity. Also azimuth and elevation would obviously need to be obtained for which ever satellite you are trying to acquire.

4. Jared Twomey

Jared Twomey Supporting Founder
    Supporting Founder

What's your zipcode, i'll get you the elevation and skew settings for your dish 500...
    Then mount the mast, and get it as absolutely level as possible, then have someone watch the screen, and slow move it side to side until you get a signal... or go buy a cheap meter somewhere and do it a lil easier...

5. 1ADAM12

1ADAM12 Active SatelliteGuys Member

Dish Network 500 Alignment

It seems like DN500 info. is getting hard to find. DN wants to drive business to their affiliate installers.

This site helps any DIY Dish Network installer.

Satellite dish look angle pointer calculator