Dish, Direct Tv or Cable?

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
So where do all the VOOMER's go now? I have no experience with Dish or Direct TV.....I did have Charter cable before. I do know their first 100 channels are analog, not even digital and they now offer some HD channels, but it's like 4 or 5 + some local channel HD broadcasting.

So if I stayed with a sat. company for at least digital channels, which is best?
Direct Tv or Dish? I need info on their picture quality and HD programming?

I have the same problem...
I have been VaVaVooooming for over a year and now gotta look for an alternative :mad: :(
Both DirecTV and Dish have almost NO HD comparing to VOOM, but I might go to Dish because they might get some Voom chanels in the future(?)
Also thinking about Time Warner Cable...

Anyway... Nothing Compares to VOOM

Exactly

That's right....I already made an appointment to get Dish......they have a pretty good deal now.....180 channels for 120 channel price for 3 mos......free 6 mos. for HD package....free DVR and HD tuner....of course I'm paying a box fee in there somewhere.....but final bill after all the promotions end will be about $68 + tax......I may upgrade with the HBO and Showtime in a value pack.........I think the final bill will be less than VOOM, but I'll be getting a LOT less too.......with Direct Tv I had to buy the HD receiver and the DVR.....so less upfront was best for me for now......maybe another VOOM will come along in a few months!

kirkdj said:
That's right....I already made an appointment to get Dish......they have a pretty good deal now.....180 channels for 120 channel price for 3 mos......free 6 mos. for HD package....free DVR and HD tuner....of course I'm paying a box fee in there somewhere.....but final bill after all the promotions end will be about $68 + tax......I may upgrade with the HBO and Showtime in a value pack.........I think the final bill will be less than VOOM, but I'll be getting a LOT less too.......with Direct Tv I had to buy the HD receiver and the DVR.....so less upfront was best for me for now......maybe another VOOM will come along in a few months!

Actually, its 180 channels for the 60 channel price (see www.dishtv.com).

Also, you can still get the "free for all" promotion for the 811. You buy the receiver ($150) and get 30 monthly credits of $5. I *think* this offer can be combined with the 3 free months and 6 months free HD offers.

This will let you save the $5 for the local channels (Voom probably already has you a nice OTA antenna).

-John

I have four VOOM receivers and spent the last few days on a suicide hot line. Am coming out of the funk now and thinking DirecTV to replace three and a Comcast Digital for the fourth (lower resolution set).

Would appreciate any help with which of the two (Dish or DirecTV) has better resolution on SD. I have three 50" plamas side by side and watch CNBC, MSNBC, and FOX on them during the day (the hi def comes out at night, or at least it does until VOOM goes black).

As a long time E* subscriber, if I was to do it today I'd go with D* because of the much greater HD content. I can't get OTA HD and it's frustrating to see all the national HD feeds D* has available.

Postings seem to favor E* in picture quality slightly, but I have no personal observations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts