Dish employees get updates first.

Yup just like back in the last months of the superdish I told our boss we would not be using supers much longer and was laughed at and told I had no F'n clue what I was talking about. two months later I asked him who had no F'n clue now? :p

Most installers would cry for their mamas if they had to put in a system like the superdish today on a regular basis.. That's when a new install was truly a "new" install & mostly without a birdog or sb.

stardust3 said:
Most installers would cry for their mamas if they had to put in a system like the superdish today on a regular basis.. That's when a new install was truly a "new" install & mostly without a birdog or sb.

Haha They're no worse than a WB SB1 install.

Lots of fresh meat afraid of marinade.

Sent from my fingers.

Sources tell me that S220/S270 are out in the wild for ~2400 devices. You gotten this one yet?

So, if employees are dogfooding 220 now, does that mean 219 has been released to the public?
more than likely it means we'll never see s219 if it doesn't get past the group of employees testing the hopper release. They probably patched something in s219 and put out s220.

I had to look "dogfooding" up. That implies Dish is trying to show confidence in it's own product by demoing it. Are employees being encouraged to talk about these new builds?

I had to look "dogfooding" up. That implies Dish is trying to show confidence in it's own product by demoing it. Are employees being encouraged to talk about these new builds?

I don't now. I asked that question on our own tech portal forums and nobody has answered..

TheKrell said:

I haven't heard that we are supposed to talk about it. I don't see why it could hurt hearing problems from customers.

S219 was pulled after being released to a small number of units.

S220 has gone out to those folks to fix an issue that came up. It is expected to be rolled out to all by the end of the week.

There is no truth at all that employees get the release software before everyone else. Those employees who get software before release are beta testers and have NDA's they are not allowed to talk about the software in public forums like this. (Here comes the jokes saying everything thought we the customers were beta testers) :D

Sometimes there are things that crop up in the real world data stream that is not found in their in house testing.

If there is anyone who can find bugs in software I know it will be our members here at SatelliteGuys! But I am proud that DISH is here in force and when there is new software released you can be assured they are watching, taking notes and working to fix issues that you guys find. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys. :D

S219 was pulled after being released to a small number of units.

S220 has gone out to those folks to fix an issue that came up. It is expected to be rolled out to all by the end of the week.

There is no truth at all that employees get the release software before everyone else. Those employees who get software before release are beta testers and have NDA's they are not allowed to talk about the software in public forums like this. (Here comes the jokes saying everything thought we the customers were beta testers) :D

Sometimes there are things that crop up in the real world data stream that is not found in their in house testing.

If there is anyone who can find bugs in software I know it will be our members here at SatelliteGuys! But I am proud that DISH is here in force and when there is new software released you can be assured they are watching, taking notes and working to fix issues that you guys find. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys. :D

I'm glad to know they are shooting out betas. They should let us with problems sign up for this. They REALLY need a DirecTV type CE program. When you bounce code up an increment like 219 to 220, it means they found what we refer to as a 'showstopper bug'.

Lastly, Scott we are all beta testers. This is true due to the amount of known bugs this came to market with. I knew there would be 'bumps in the road', but they really need to let members here sign up for beta builds. I was part of a beta on a 721 (had through this site), which fixed a serious issue for me months before 'release'.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)