Dish explorer problem?

karspur

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 16, 2006
Ridgecrest, CA
When the Dish Explorer app first was installed it found both of my Hoppers just fine. Now it is not finding either one. I am connected to my network just fine, Pandora and Blockbuster are working. Dish anywhere app finds everything ok. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it is no different. I liked using it for quick access to guide info and using it as a remote at times. Any suggestions?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Have you tried rebooting the Hopper?

Yes, I did, twice and both of them. I even tried turning the iPad off for a bit, and when that didn't help, that's when I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I just received an update for the app and it still cannot find the hopper.

Maybe something in your network/router setup is causing it to not be displayed. Try downloading a free DLNA on your iPad and then access the Home Media menu on the Hopper and open the app and see if your hopper sees the iPad.

After the update it still didn't work, but there is now a troubleshooting button. The one thing listed that I hadn't tried was turning the wifi off and then back on on the iPad. Bingo! Works fine again. Thanks for the input...appreciated as always :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts