DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

If that’s how we’re going to be billed I’ll be sending a paper check for March. i think it will be the first check I’ve written this year. lol
Might as well use BillPay from the financial institution which will save you postage and also, the financial institution would be liable in many ways if it should be late, etc and also pay the late fees. This still beats Comcast who for xfinity.com and their app will not process credit card/debit card payments under $10.00 for at least the last 6 months which they still can't figure out as their policy is anything $0.01 or higher while manual payments on XFinity Mobile works correctly.

Reactions: charlesrshell
FAQs updated. Says all customers will receive a paper bill in March that will have your 16 digit account number. Sounds to me like they are planning for autopay to be down for a while and everyone will probably need to pay online manually or paper check in mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder are they delaying the digital statements only as they said unless one opts out, statements February 21, 2023 and later will be digital only.

I plan to wait a while before making my next payment. Surely Dish won't start cutting people off for delayed payments after this mess.

BTW, does anyone know what the old grace period was before Dish would cut someone off for non-payment of their bill?

I plan to wait a while before making my next payment. Surely Dish won't start cutting people off for delayed payments after this mess.

BTW, does anyone know what the old grace period was before Dish would cut someone off for non-payment of their bill?
Their system would need to be online for them to know they weren't paid (presumably).

Is this for everyone? How about us that are on autopay? The reason I ask is that my monthly payment is usually charged to my credit card on the 6th of each month . . . yesterday . . . and it wasn't, of course. Now, I didn't expect that it would be.
Also the same situation here. My bill gets processed on the 28th of each month. It's ready to download the day later. And I'm on autopay so I get my credit card charged 15 days later. So for me it would be March 15th.

So I guess (from reading further down this thread), I'll wait till a paper bill comes in the mail and then pay it online here with that portal that Dish just put up.

This is a follow up to my post from yesterday about resetting my password due to login attempts.

I just received this a few minutes ago. Has anyone else had login attempts on their accounts since the Dish breach?

2009F24F-82EA-431B-A262-63C246079B93.jpeg

This is a follow up to my post from yesterday about resetting my password due to login attempts.

I just received this a few minutes ago. Has anyone else had login attempts on their accounts since the Dish breach?

View attachment 161033
I got this message too from AT&T (am an AT&T mobile subscriber), but have never been a Dish/Boost/Sling TV customer in my life. So, I don’t think the Dish incident and this are related.

Day 14 of the HboMax (and others) hostage crisis...
Day 15 of the HboMax hostage crisis...

The saga continues...seemingly indefinitely.

Has Charlie hasn't consulted with any outside PR firms about how to handle this crisis from a communication standpoint? It doesn't seem like it.

I was thinking to myself about this hack. I am not sure how many hours are put into operations like these by BlackBasta (or whoever), but I think it is significant. Lurking around on the network for possible weeks or longer, it seems like a long game. But to that point, they clearly didn't do their homework on this one because if they thought Charlie was going to pay, they clearly hadn't been paying attention to this company. I would think part of the decision on who to go after would be to profile the decision-makers/executives at a given company to help decide if a project is going to pay off for them.

Has Charlie hasn't consulted with any outside PR firms about how to handle this crisis from a communication standpoint? It doesn't seem like it.

I was thinking to myself about this hack. I am not sure how many hours are put into operations like these by BlackBasta (or whoever), but I think it is significant. Lurking around on the network for possible weeks or longer, it seems like a long game. But to that point, they clearly didn't do their homework on this one because if they thought Charlie was going to pay, they clearly hadn't been paying attention to this company. I would think part of the decision on who to go after would be to profile the decision-makers/executives at a given company to help decide if a project is going to pay off for them.
I don't think any of these hackers are specifically targeting companies. They're sending out emails like buckshot hoping one of them lands them a bird.

I had trouble with Paypal ( $800 Vacuum charge ) and Facebook marketplace cancled and I don't use it May r not be this.

And I just received an email saying my account is now past due. Since I haven't had a paper bill in a couple years, how long before they shut me off?
Same here ! Just got an e-mail saying that my account is past due and to pay the amount due "to restore your service."

I've been on auto-pay since 2008 and have had no paper bills since then. Auto-payment was due today 3-8-23; no debit from my bank account has been taken.

The e-mail has a "Make a Payment" link and I clicked on it it and it went to "Gateway Timed Out Error Code 404". I did this for 20 minutes and will not do it again.

If they shut me down, fine. But I'm not going to stress this for a problem that they should not be passing on to us subscribers.

Ridiculous that now the burden is on us to fix their problem by figuring out how to pay them.