DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Just got an email from Dish saying my payment was past due, my initial response was "like hell" so I checked bank account and my last check cleared in Feb right on schedule. But then it dawned on me I had not received a paper bill since. Which took me to the Dish site to log into my account and low and behold I read about their major issue which then brought me here of course.
I'm old skool, paper billing and pay via paper check. So my experience thus far is they never mailed the paper bill which would of prompted me to write and mail a check that would of cleared this week.
If they think I'm going to pay this month with with a credit card through their hokey pay now link from a barely functioning website, I think not.
Hey Dish, Send a bill and I'll mail a check, however cut my service off (20+ year customer) like your email threatened and you won't get me back, been thinking about cord cutting anyway and that would tip the scale, punish me for your error, I think not.

EDIT TO ADD: Just received second email telling me to disregard the first :D

Last edited:
OK, here too... Also just got the 2nd e-mail saying to disregard the 1st e-mail that my account was past due.

It says the 1st e-mail "was sent in error."

What a cluster f... !

Reactions: charlesrshell
Be careful with emails you receive, I can see scam artists using this as a way to target Dish customers and it is entirely possible that email addresses and names of all Dish customers are in the hands of the hackers. Don't click on links in any emails you receive regarding your Dish account.
Oh wow, I did not think of that, thanks !

I did click on the e-mail links several times and it kept taking me to the 404 error code timed out screen. Damn !

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Why do some people on here act like this was some little glitch that should just be resolved in a few hours??
First, it hasn't been, "a few hours." It has been close to 300 hours now.

Why do some people on here act like customers shouldn't be pissed off or irritated? They didn't cause this problem. The company doesn't exist without customers. The customers have been inconvenienced, not getting the complete services they pay for, and have had their data stolen which could literally destroy their lives in a bad-case scenario.

Communication has been terrible. The first emails customers get is about paying their bills or getting their service shut off? Not an apology, not a warning to consider locking their credit profile. A demand.

The customers get it - employees/contractors are getting hit too. Losing pay.
Customers and employees - they are all victims here. Not just victims of a hacking syndicate, but also victims of a mismanaged and poorly implemented IT scheme at Dish.

Why do some people on here act like customers shouldn't be pissed off or irritated? They didn't cause this problem. The company doesn't exist without customers. The customers have been inconvenienced, not getting the complete services they pay for, and have had their data stolen which could literally destroy their lives in a bad-case scenario.

Communication has been terrible. The first emails customers get is about paying their bills or getting their service shut off? Not an apology, not a warning to consider locking their credit profile. A demand.

Customers and employees - they are all victims here. Not just victims of a hacking syndicate, but also victims of a mismanaged and poorly implemented IT scheme at Dish.

My service hasn't been impacted at all, I have no reason to be upset.

I bet more than half the customers that dish has haven't even noticed anything because they still get their channels, haven't had their bill due yet and don't care about HBO Max. In the meantime, your non-stop whining is embarrassing. The name Karen comes to mind. If you don't have anything constructive to add, other than your daily whining, then why bother?? No one is impressed. Trust me.

Unless you want to finance the recovery and lost income that Dish is taking a HUGE hit on....