DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

We just notified that as of today, 3-8-23 that they will start shutting people off. I still don't think there will late fees though....
I find this very disturbing! First Dish has of yet has not sent a email or a physical letter not a text or a phone call to even say anything is going on! Second, I have zero way other than waiting to pay my bill without my full account number.

I am not on auto pay and my billing cycle is around the 15th with a due date of the 3rd. I have NEVER missed paying right on the 1st as soon as my SSD is deposited.

(Zero hate towards you. BUT all directed at the suits at the top mishandling this situation as far as I am concerned)

I bet more than half the customers that dish has haven't even noticed anything because they still get their channels, haven't had their bill due yet and don't care about HBO Max. In the meantime, your non-stop whining is embarrassing. The name Karen comes to mind. If you don't have anything constructive to add, other than your daily whining, then why bother?? No one is impressed. Trust me.

Unless you want to finance the recovery and lost income that Dish is taking a HUGE hit on....
If I was not part of this group, I would never have known anything until I tried to make a payment on the 1st. I have had zero impact otherwise.

Other than waiting for a paper bill or waiting for the call center is there any way to get your full account number? Someone suggested bill pay through your bank which I did set up years ago.

By the way my phone wait time at 9pm Pacific is 60 minutes! The hoold music is so much better! You can actually hear it on speakerphone.

Other than waiting for a paper bill or waiting for the call center is there any way to get your full account number? Someone suggested bill pay through your bank which I did set up years ago.

By the way my phone wait time at 9pm Pacific is 60 minutes! The hoold music is so much better! You can actually hear it on speakerphone.

Sit tight until they can send you a bill. They won't be assessing any late fees or penalties.

I guess I'm lucky. My autopay is on the 21st of each month and my Feb. payment came out just under the wire before the attack. Hopefully by the 21st of this month all will be back to normal.

Yeah, I know.

96 minutes later Tech support answered to say billing is closed.

FYI if you bank with Bank of America and if you had Dish set up in bill pay your account number can be found on the Dish payment page. I chose to use the Dish payment portal because BofA said they would take 3 days. I did get a confirmation number. BUT did NOT get an email or text yet from the bank or Dish. I would have felt much better receiving anything! I will keep a very close eye on my ransom payment.

Reactions: charlesrshell
FYI if you bank with Bank of America and if you had Dish set up in bill pay your account number can be found on the Dish payment page. I chose to use the Dish payment portal because BofA said they would take 3 days. I did get a confirmation number. BUT did NOT get an email or text yet from the bank or Dish. I would have felt much better receiving anything! I will keep a very close eye on my ransom payment.
My bank account was debited with no notification yet.

It's been down for weeks now. As if I wasn't having enough problems with my H3 and service in general, now this. Serves me right for sticking with them through all this grief they've caused me lol
I am very sorry to hear of your experiences. I have been with Dish sense their start. I agree recent months have been very ruff. My past experience with Dish is in the end they always made it right. I hope you can hang in there. Tech support is available by phone. Some Dish tech/engineers and customer service reps are here. What problems are you having? I am just a customer like you!

I'm on AutoPay haven't been charged or billed yet, service is still operational, haven't been on HBO Max or Showtime apps since, the event. It would be nice if they just forget to bill me for a month or two, that would make up for some of the DVR/Receiver fees I've been paying every month for umpteen years. Okay I'm going back to sleep now and dream of a month of Dish for free.

I'm on AutoPay haven't been charged or billed yet, service is still operational, haven't been on HBO Max or Showtime apps since, the event. It would be nice if they just forget to bill me for a month or two, that would make up for some of the DVR/Receiver fees I've been paying every month for umpteen years. Okay I'm going back to sleep now and dream of a month of Dish for free.
After paying all my bills this month I literally have $30 left. I was praying for something like that. I am grateful for what I have.

Yes, his service was impacted. Just because he is oblivious to that fact doesn't change it.

:deadhorse
If a tree falls in the woods.....

If Dish made a public announcement or contacted each customer about this, the rush to the phones would shut down the minimal ability they have now to even take calls. Not to mention the Impact it would make on their market presence.
Think, man!

First, it hasn't been, "a few hours." It has been close to 300 hours now.

Why do some people on here act like customers shouldn't be pissed off or irritated? They didn't cause this problem. The company doesn't exist without customers. The customers have been inconvenienced, not getting the complete services they pay for, and have had their data stolen which could literally destroy their lives in a bad-case scenario.

Communication has been terrible. The first emails customers get is about paying their bills or getting their service shut off? Not an apology, not a warning to consider locking their credit profile. A demand.

The customers get it - employees/contractors are getting hit too. Losing pay.
Customers and employees - they are all victims here. Not just victims of a hacking syndicate, but also victims of a mismanaged and poorly implemented IT scheme at Dish.
Not much of a problem if your service hasn't been interrupted