DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

My dish became slightly out of alignment from dirt erosion under a temporary NPRM on the ground. Very heavy rains and then snow here in California. My highest signal is in the 20s but most channels I watch are working amazingly! The tech reported snow and did not show up which was a lie we have no snow today. We are being rescheduled probably Fri or Sat.
Maybe where the Tech was traveling from encountered snow issues?

Most of the anti-virus scanners are junk as take the Win32.Licum virus for example which infects all .exe's on the system. All A/V's detects it after all the .exe files on the system are infected which is useless. Norton stuff was only good when it was Peter Norton Computing owned before it was sold to Symantec.
Late last Century Norton which started out as a Mac Toolbox Software. A Toolbox for anything I have ever experienced. Drop in a "floppy", fire it up and in short order System Fixed, Ills Cured, Drive Defragged and everything was wonderful afterwards. Then when it became unnecessary for Macs to need that kind of thing . . . Norton when to the "Dark Side". Then the degradation of the tools, the adoption of "Evil Ways" and hence the bad reputation.

I have been running Bitdefender for the past 79:42:31secs, having gone through 28,153,421 files so far from four 2TB Drives in my MacPro Editing Station. So far it's found and resolved 85 very buried Boogiemen. And it updates the Virus Tables every half an hour. Funny thing, the Boogiemen were attached to mail sent from PCs. It strips out the bad parts leaving the good parts intact. If SPAM it gets rid of the whole thing. I love it!

One funny thing though, while working at Hughes Aerospace the Macs that they were using were just trashed. I had my Silver Zero Briefcase, which the "Guards" did not like. Since it was from Martin, pre Lockheed and was used to ship a piece of hardware that is now on Mars. Once I pulled out the Norton disc and started fixing machines, out came the handcuffs. I called them "Guards", but they were actually FBI.

Just when I have to renegotiate my service. Of which I had help last Fall from a CSR that says I'm good for all discounts due for CWC. Just had to do it "live" and by the 12th. Missed. Couldn't get through to "Retention".
Once they are back up and running just explain it to them. I think they will be trying hard to please everyone.

Will be interesting to see my next bill. Pretty sure my $50 off for 1 year ended last billing cycle. I planned on calling, to see what they can do for me, before all of this.

• Sad
Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Once they are back up and running just explain it to them. I think they will be trying hard to please everyone.
That's what I am feeling and hoping deep down inside . . . or it could be the Premium Ginger Beer.

After all the time and build up the CSR gave me last Fall, supposedly she put it all down in my records, gave me her employee ID and name. My account records which usually go missing of which it sounds like bunches of people have them now. So I hope I'm golden.

I called customer service yesterday and they said they are unable to even tell me if they received my payment. I have no idea how true that is. I paid manually through the pay link. Only thing I received was a email confirming my tech appointment for today. I will ask them what they know.
And hopefully when things are fully restored, they don't just just use the data from the backups as of February 23, 2023 but actually add back in all the transactions after that date so the data is current or else all payments they have received will be money owed again.

Late last Century Norton which started out as a Mac Toolbox Software. A Toolbox for anything I have ever experienced. Drop in a "floppy", fire it up and in short order System Fixed, Ills Cured, Drive Defragged and everything was wonderful afterwards. Then when it became unnecessary for Macs to need that kind of thing . . . Norton when to the "Dark Side". Then the degradation of the tools, the adoption of "Evil Ways" and hence the bad reputation.

I have been running Bitdefender for the past 79:42:31secs, having gone through 28,153,421 files so far from four 2TB Drives in my MacPro Editing Station. So far it's found and resolved 85 very buried Boogiemen. And it updates the Virus Tables every half an hour. Funny thing, the Boogiemen were attached to mail sent from PCs. It strips out the bad parts leaving the good parts intact. If SPAM it gets rid of the whole thing. I love it!

One funny thing though, while working at Hughes Aerospace the Macs that they were using were just trashed. I had my Silver Zero Briefcase, which the "Guards" did not like. Since it was from Martin, pre Lockheed and was used to ship a piece of hardware that is now on Mars. Once I pulled out the Norton disc and started fixing machines, out came the handcuffs. I called them "Guards", but they were actually FBI.
Yep, in the early 1990s, a friend had a PC that was infected and I went to help her clean the virus. Norton was not able to find the virus, McAfee was able to detect and clean it. In 1998, a branch of Bank of Hawaii in Honolulu had a virus and I was already a ISP then so as a friend of someone's brother that works there, we went there and this time McAfee didn't work and Norton did. I was asked to help the U.S. Secret Service one time when they were infected and this time, the only thing that worked was Eset NOD32.

My dish became slightly out of alignment from dirt erosion under a temporary NPRM on the ground. Very heavy rains and then snow here in California. My highest signal is in the 20s but most channels I watch are working amazingly! The tech reported snow and did not show up which was a lie we have no snow today. We are being rescheduled probably Fri or Sat.
I am up north in San Francisco where on Tuesday Morning, there was a brownout for 2 seconds before the power went back on. On my system when I upgraded to the Hopper H3 in 2016 from a Hopper 2000 when I first got DISH in 2012 after Directv moved TVB Jadeword (Chinese Cantonese programming package) from Directv to DISH, they had to install a 2nd DISH which handled 118 while the other handled 110, 119 and 129. So anyways, at 10:00AM - the TVB channels which was the only thing using 118 went out and then basically after that were strong storms with winds and heavy rains which I had never seen before after owning the house in 2009 when Directv was originally installed. So basically, even until this minute, all the TVB channels are out. Yesterday, I called DISH at 1-800-333-DISH and chose option 4 for technical support and it said they can't take the call right now and hanged up. Out of curiosity, I went to tvbusa.com and called TVB directly - they said they used Frontier Communications which had a outage with the fiber but from what they can see, everything was recovered by 1:00PM which was 3 hours later. So at this point, either my 2nd DISH is out of alignment or DISH had somehow lost their feed from TVB. On the Hopper H3, I tried switching the satellites and 118 has 0% signal and all the TVB channels do show complete loss of signal. I was able to reach DISH on Facebook Messenger who responded within minutes and actually chatted with me for 30 minutes and wanted to send a tech out after verifying that I did not move the Hopper H3, checked all connections and also unplugged the Hopper H3 for at least 10 seconds (I actually did it for 1 minute) before plugging it back in again as I did all of those before calling DISH. So I don't know if they do send a tech out, as I have things that blocks the path to the Hopper H3 without tripping over unless I did a major cleanup. I wonder are tech calls all free now since I am on their protection plan.

I got my email saying my bill is due on the 17th, not sure if my auto pay is working or not.
I got an email with my bill in a pdf.
It said if I was not on Autopay, to use the website.
Yesterday I got a snail mail with my bill in it that said "Your Credit Card Will Be Charged on 3/17/23".

I finally got my email from Dish as well yesterday. I didn't see it because it went into my Spam/Junk folder. If you're still waiting for your email, you might want to check your spam folder.

I just got my bill too. And for those saying HBO Max access is a free benefit of subscribing to HBO, the bill would argue otherwise. As I’m being charged $16 for HBO Max not HBO. So the fact I haven’t been able to access it for 2+ weeks should warrant a credit on my account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk