Dish has agreed to carry the SEC Network at launch....

Just what we need another channel @ $1.30 per month. Does this mean that the SEC will pull the games off the free networks.

Just what we need another channel @ $1.30 per month. Does this mean that the SEC will pull the games off the free networks.

Last I heard we don't really know. However, it is likely that the football scheduling will be totally different starting next year. The only constant seems to be the CBS contract which still prevents opposing SEC games during their prime 3:30 game in almost all instances.

no. The SEC Network for football will be the same way that they BTN is.....They get their choice of game each week. So the "BIG"SEC game will still be on CBS. This SEC Network just takes the place of the old "SEC Network" that is being used right now and syndicating the games out to whoever locally wants it

Last I heard we don't really know. However, it is likely that the football scheduling will be totally different starting next year. The only constant seems to be the CBS contract which still prevents opposing SEC games during their prime 3:30 game in almost all instances.

actually that changes. CBS still gets 1st dibs on the 3:30 game but SEC & ESPN can compete against it now

While CBS will maintain its first pick of games for its 3:30 p.m. ET telecast, it will no longer have an exclusive broadcast window—allowing ESPN's outlets and SEC Network to air games alongside CBS.

actually that changes. CBS still gets 1st dibs on the 3:30 game but SEC & ESPN can compete against it now

While CBS will maintain its first pick of games for its 3:30 p.m. ET telecast, it will no longer have an exclusive broadcast window—allowing ESPN's outlets and SEC Network to air games alongside CBS.

I hadn't heard that! That is excellent news. Thanks for sharing. I was getting tired of the 12:20 or 7:30 games. Give me a 2:00 or 3:00 game in November please! :)

I had thought I read somewhere that the Sec Network gets 2nd or 3rd dibs some weeks but no matter what I thought it said it would get pretty good games...especially in the first yr...I could be wrong but I'll see if I can find the article

Excited to see dish get this though !!!

I had thought I read somewhere that the Sec Network gets 2nd or 3rd dibs some weeks but no matter what I thought it said it would get pretty good games...especially in the first yr...I could be wrong but I'll see if I can find the article

it will probably rotate like it does right now between CBS (well they get 1st shot), ESPN & SEC Network. The big difference will be the station will be nationwide and not on local stations that pick up the broadcast.

I'm sure it depends on who the home team is. If the SEC team is the home team then they would be in the pot of potential games.

it will probably rotate like it does right now between CBS (well they get 1st shot), ESPN & SEC Network. The big difference will be the station will be nationwide and not on local stations that pick up the broadcast.

The way I understand it is CBS still gets the first pick but after that its all ESPN/SEC Network and they have already indicated that bigger games will be airing only on the SEC Network. For example the first game of the year next year between Texas A&M and South Carolina is the launch game for SEC Network. That's going to be a pretty big game and if those kind of games are going to air on SECN then it will be a very important channel to have for SEC Football which ratings wise are the most watched games of the year.

Found this article so don't know the accuracy also states other teams can appear on SECN.... http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/sec-network-launches-with-texas-am-at-south-carolina.php

The way I understand it is CBS still gets the first pick but after that its all ESPN/SEC Network and they have already indicated that bigger games will be airing only on the SEC Network.
obviously to put pressure on cable/satco's to carry it

For example the first game of the year next year between Texas A&M and South Carolina is the launch game for SEC Network.
Its a Thursday Night so thats why

But they previously have put those Thursday night games on ESPN or ESPN 2. So this marks a shift in their plan (as you said, probably to put pressure on the cable and satcos to carry it).

Agreed... I have no doubt they chose the first game based on putting pressure on the cableco/sat providers but having espn choose after the first game will mean they can routinely put "good" games on the sec network (and very likely will each week).

And lakebum431 makes a good point that in the past the thurs night game has been shown on espn proper but are showing it on secn this year. Time will tell but I think we will see at least one "marquee" game each week go to the secn going forward.

That is what is great about it. There were a couple of Mizzou's conference games that could not be seen in Northeast Missouri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)