dish having compression issues?

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
Is Dish having compression issues, The reason I ask is, every time that I change a channel on any of my receivers (all 301's), the channel is very blotchy and then it clears up. BUT also last night when I was viewing Channel 111 DIY, just about halfway through the show there was a time that it was very blotchy for about 3 or so seconds.

joeh - I assume what you're calling "blotchy" is increased pixillation, which I generally attribute to momentary signal degradation/loss, tho' it certainly could be an artifact of compression. I haven't noticed anything more than usual, i.e., the blotchiness on SD channels seems about the same as usual for me: some more, some less. My "HD" hasn't gotten any worse either.

If I sensed a change, the first thing I would do is look at my signal strength to see if that has degraded any. You might need to watch it for a few minutes on each satellite to see if it's fading in and out. I "baselined" my performance when the 811 was first installed in case I need to compare it later but so far I haven't had any issues worth checking. That may change for me when the leaves are back on the trees, affecting my 61.5 dish...

Guide info gets hosed up in my 811

weak signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts