DISH HBO Thread

This still bugs me, so I went to the Wayback Machine. It looks like they managed to capture page 10 of the deleted HBO/Cinemax thread. So, at least some portion of that thread survives, although not a very important portion in my opinion. Enjoy!
Success! I tried their archive of page 1 (captured from May 13) earlier, but all I got at the time was gobbledygook, at least in Firefox. I just tried it again, and this time it works! Please re-post this thread to the Dish Forum, to put it back in its proper place in the forum timeline. Thanks!

Cord I am starting g to think you are going to be exiled to Dbstalk sooner or later.

Knock it off.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I was attempting to make a helpful suggestion, to prevent the chances of something like this happening again, either to me or to anyone else. If there was another reason for the thread's removal that you are not allowed to disclose publicly, then let me know in a private conversation. Thanks.

Would this have happened if, rather than deleting the reported post, you had merely edited it? (Remove the actual contents of the post, leaving only a note saying "edited by a moderator" and explaining the reason for the removal.) That is the proper way to handle such posts, in my opinion, especially if it avoids the chances of a debacle like this ever happening again. Remove the offending content while still leaving evidence that those posts actually existed (leaving the post numbering intact) and make it obvious that the thread has been edited, rather than completely removing posts in order to cover something up.
The staff, like many of you, have lives and jobs outside of the forum.

Most of the time it’s simpler and quicker to just remove the post, than edit out the offending portion. Most put a reason as to why it’s deleted in the “reason for deletion “ tab, which may or may not be visible depending on what platform you are using to view the forum.

It seems he took it personally. I hope he comes back at some point.
Scott was very straightforward in what happened there isn't much more to do or say at that point. He's been doing this very well for a very long time (I have been here for all of it) I wouldn't presume to try and tell him what he should have done or do in the future. And there are things that can be going on his life on top of who knows how many messages he gets from here.
It's a mistake, period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)