DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Is the Carbon download supposed to still work? I just tried it last night and again this morning and it doesn't appear to be giving it to me.

It should still work but maybe not. The intent of this was for 4K Joey installations when the customer has a Hopper with Sling. The receivers had to have Carbon UI in order to work.

Maybe Dish changed the button sequence or maybe they push the software based on the receiver ID ?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Is the Carbon download supposed to still work? I just tried it last night and again this morning and it doesn't appear to be giving it to me.
After doing the button sequence did you leave the receiver off after it rebooted? Or did it not reboot at all?

I followed the button sequence, I assume it worked because I got the prompt to download, etc. It did the restarts, went to a screen that said something like, current software version is S614 Downloading guide data with a percentage status. When that was done it went to the usual sleep screen. I left it for about an hour in total without touching it. I then checked it, no Carbon UI. I read that disconnecting joey's might be a thing to try, that I did not do. I'll try that next when I have some more time to fuss with it and report back unless anyone has better thoughts.

It can only be downloaded to the H2 not the H1 if that's what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

I followed the button sequence, I assume it worked because I got the prompt to download, etc. It did the restarts, went to a screen that said something like, current software version is S614 Downloading guide data with a percentage status. When that was done it went to the usual sleep screen. I left it for about an hour in total without touching it. I then checked it, no Carbon UI. I read that disconnecting joey's might be a thing to try, that I did not do. I'll try that next when I have some more time to fuss with it and report back unless anyone has better thoughts.

Sounds like you have a Hopper 2k and carbon ui is not available for the original hopper.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, if it's currently running S614, it's an original Hopper. Carbon UI isn't, and will not be, available for it.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

My hws got it also. Don't see anything different yet. However my box wouldn't come on this morning. Had to do a red button reset.

Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice on how to force Carbon UI on my 2 HWS. I have tried for 2 months to force the upgrade by doing the procedure to no avail. Both HWS boot 2 times and I can wait minutes or hours and it always comes back with the message that my box has the latest update and no Carbon UI. Just to let you know I have 2 HWS and an original Hopper on my account with 3 Joeys and I am in Puerto Rico. I already saw that someone posted that his box made the update to Carbon UI based in Puerto Rico so I think that is not an issue. Also I also tried disconnecting the Joeys and it makes no difference. Can someone provide some guidance on how to get this done.

Since the original Hopper that is on your system cannot ever, I believe, have the new CUI, then perhaps that prevents the other Hoppers from downloading and installing the CarbonUI on them. (Just a guess)

That could be the case if Dish put some 'check' in place, but previously, customers with a mix of receivers like this have been able to download the new interface. It let to problems, of course, so maybe Dish did do something to stop it.

Reactions: Troch77
That could be the case if Dish put some 'check' in place, but previously, customers with a mix of receivers like this have been able to download the new interface. It let to problems, of course, so maybe Dish did do something to stop it.
Yes previously you could have the NEW UI on the HWS , and the H2s would still have s529.
But what happens with the mixed system is ,the Joeys will upgrade to the New UI even if they aren't linked to the HWS., and then the Joeys don't work correctly if linked to the H2K.
No Guide, no DVR .

But the old UI can access everything off the New UI, but the new UI can't access the H2K.

So you really shouldn't bother if you have a Mixed system.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts