DISH Introduces Flex Pack

What you consider a "nothing package" doesn't mean sh*t to everyone else. Everyone's viewing habits are different. In my house, this package works very well.

This package isn't for you. Move on....
Well that's 4 of yous lol.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Haha ! Yeah, I was playing catch-up with this thread and after I read a few others tell you to do the same thing, I almost deleted my post.

Reactions: Troch77
Obviously things have changed since the official release of the Flex pack. When I tried to cancel the PP 2 days ago account showed I would be charged $5 to make a change within 30 days, just now I tried it again & there was no extra charge. Good to know.

I like this idea of the Flex Pack......too bad it doesn't include NHL Network or NBCSN. I'm holding status quo on my DISH account until I see what Charter does as they take over TWC packages in my area. I'm hoping it gets clearer by the start of hockey season.

Well that's 4 of yous lol.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Don't feel left out. I tried it, but it wasn't for me either, missing a few I like. Unfortunately to get BBC World, I had to drop down to AT200 and add the news pack for $10 since you can't have BBC World in AT250. I had to add the Encore theme channel pack for $6 so I could have the Westerns Channel too. So, it made me spend about $6 more to get basically the same thing. At least now I can get BBC World though.

Don't feel left out. I tried it, but it wasn't for me either, missing a few I like. Unfortunately to get BBC World, I had to drop down to AT200 and add the news pack for $10 since you can't have BBC World in AT250. I had to add the Encore theme channel pack for $6 so I could have the Westerns Channel too. So, it made me spend about $6 more to get basically the same thing. At least now I can get BBC World though.
After 30 days, try and remove Encore, You will be giving a 50% discount

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: bobvick and Tampa8
After 30 days, try and remove Encore, You will be giving a 50% discount

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
That's the one channel I watched and miss going to top 200 - Encore Westerns. If I could get it for $3 it might be worth it, but adding $6 back negates my $10 savings.

That's the one channel I watched and miss going to top 200 - Encore Westerns. If I could get it for $3 it might be worth it, but adding $6 back negates my $10 savings.
You can try and call or chat , sometimes they will just give it to you for that price, maybe even free.

Only reason I told Bobvick to wait 30 days is, they will charge him $5 if he does it online now.
It's still considered a downgrade.
Which is ridiculous...

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I am not aware of any others offering "skinny" bundles with the list of cable channels DISH has and minus all the others like locals, sports, news, and thus not at that price point for those channels. I was under the impression no one else has that list of channels at that cost. (Not talking about online only)
According to your post in another thread , the skinny bundle and add on packs are based on the Verizon Custom tv Fios Bundle, which has become their most popular video package among new subscribers since it was introduced in the Spring of 2015.

I was aware of theirs, that's how I found that article but it costs MUCH more and doesn't have all the channels DISH does and may not be available in every market. Before they left Florida it was not available there though it was in the Northeast.
No DIY, COOK, TNT, TBS, SYFI, TRU, GAC,Cartoon among others. Those are big ones not to have. They do have a couple DISH does not like Bravo, NGW Velocity And you must get the locals with theirs. Check their price!!
Custom TV - Essentials
Fios TV
Custom TV - Essentials
$64.99 mo.
for year 1 plus taxes, equip. charges and other fees.

Here is one of only three add ons they have, $6 notice many are already in the DISH package.
Movie Lovers Pack

movie-lovers-pack-lineup.png

• Chiller
  • HDNet Movies
  • IFC
  • MGM
  • Sony Movie Channel
  • Universal HD

The key to the DISH Flex is the channels they include at that price point.

Last edited:
How does BBC world news Compare to Fance24 and Euronews?

I may drop those 2 for BBC world news if it's comparable.
It would save me $5-10

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

BBC World News is available for free on the internet, I haven't figured out how to get it on Roku though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)