DISH loses 4 more HD channels - 3 Return

space86 said:
I have a question why doesn't Dish Network and DirecTV
just merge like XM and Sirius?

They tried once. Did not get fed approval. Dropped before the bitter end.

My question is why does this always happen to Dish? I know that it very very occasionally happens to Directv but not near as often as Dish. I'm glad that they are not afraid to get consumers the best deal so they can have cheaper TV, but is it really worth not having channels for awhile?

Evidence? DirecTV just went through a rather public battle regarding Versus (and DISH had that battle four years ago when it was OLN). Just because DirecTV doesn't cut-off channels as often as Dish Network does not translate that DirecTV "just rolls over".
Versus is nowhere near the same level as the Disney owned stations

record 4

Then you must be reading something that no one else has read. Only one guy complained and he was proven to be a fake (doesn't even own an HR24).

How many things can it record? If I want to record 4 channels at 1 time wouldn't I need 2 of them. Not try to start a war just asking a question.

How many things can it record? If I want to record 4 channels at 1 time wouldn't I need 2 of them. Not try to start a war just asking a question.

Yes. And you can watch them in any room. Pretty cool feature. It'll take me a while to figure out after 12 years of E* receivers. But they're pretty nice.

S~

You can record 2 programs at a time on any DVR and watch any of those recorded programs from any DVR to any other DVR or compatible receiver.

That has nothing to do with the fact that KAB stated that people in the Direct forum have said the HR24 sucks less. Can he or you point out where others have stated this?

I don't know

You can record 2 programs at a time on any DVR and watch any of those recorded programs from any DVR to any other DVR or compatible receiver.

That has nothing to do with the fact that KAB stated that people in the Direct forum have said the HR24 sucks less. Can he or you point out where others have stated this?

I can't point it out as I didn't say it. You told me recently that they have gotten much better. Thing is to be able to record 4 things at once I would still need to have 2 HD DVR's which when I have looked mean the 1st is free and the 2nd cost me a L of a lot of $$. Right now I'm only vaguely interested since I'm under my 2nd contrast for 14 more months. It would also be very hard for me to want to leave for a good while I'm and Absolute customer. It's still the best deal in HD that anyone has come up with.

Dish has Epix and all the HBOs in HD. Directv does not. Dtv does now have all the showtimes but with Epix having all the movie rights sho movies really suck.

I am still ticked we lost the Disney networks in hd as they were the most watched. I hope I get them back soon but until then I refuse to watch them in sd and will instead watch nick and cn.

Yes I am a grown up who watched kids programs only when there is nothing on and I really miss Disney channels.

Well, I can't speak for him, but here is why I won't. My current bill for Dish: $36/month. The cheapest closest-to equivilent pack I can build with DirecTV (that includes HD and DVR in two room): $71 a month (choice, DVR, and a lease fee), plus $198 upfront. Almost double the monthly bill! No, thanks!

And yes, I know Choice has way more than Dish America. But it is not my fault that DirecTV does not offer an equivilent pack. That is where I would have to go, so for may case, those are what I have to compare.

Well, I can't speak for him, but here is why I won't. My current bill for Dish: $36/month. The cheapest closest-to equivilent pack I can build with DirecTV (that includes HD and DVR in two room): $71 a month (choice, DVR, and a lease fee), plus $198 upfront. Almost double the monthly bill! No, thanks!

And yes, I know Choice has way more than Dish America. But it is not my fault that DirecTV does not offer an equivilent pack. That is where I would have to go, so for may case, those are what I have to compare.

I agree with this! I am a new Dish Sub as og 5/3, i was paying DirectTv $85/month, when i switched to Dish, i only lost a few channels that are watched in my house, NFLN, and Nick Jr, and my bill went down to $30.99 for the first year. and even after that it will on;y be $46 after that. And i like the Receiver better plus i can watch recorded shows in my bedroom.

That was the one person I mentioned. Nobody said it sucked less, except for Jodean, who was proven to be lying.

Again, taking the fact that one guy whom does not own an HR24 and lied that he was an installer, where did you here that they sucked less?

You cannot possibly draw that conclusion from this one poster. If so, you must not have read all of the post in that thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)