Dish Mover charges

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
My grandma is moving in a week or so (same town). She decided to call Dish to tell them she was moving and they set her up for Dish Mover. She has one receiver and a Dish500 (she could get the free 2nd dish for one PBS station, but she doesn’t want to). They have her scheduled for next Thursday (4/14)

I’ve read Dish charges $50 for Dish Mover? If so, hell I’ll install the dish for her at the new place.

Dish site doesnt say...just that they'll install a dish

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Isn't there a bunch of ways to get a free moving program?

Add the DHPP?
Get a club dish referral?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Not for me...Grandma :)

I have 3 or 4 dishes laying around I could do the install, but this is a brand new built house (model home) so I figured klet the "pros" do it unless it costs money :)

I think they told her 1 yr commit.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Have her add the DHPP for 1 month and she can get the mover program for free.

twillers

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 8, 2005
Iceberg said:
Not for me...Grandma :)

I have 3 or 4 dishes laying around I could do the install, but this is a brand new built house (model home) so I figured klet the "pros" do it unless it costs money :)

I think they told her 1 yr commit.
Why not play the game. Call call up E* on her behalf, and tell them you might have to consider changing to D* or cable if they're not willing to waive the fee. Ask the to do it as a good will gesture, for all the years she has been with E*. Bottom line, "those who don't ask don't get". All they can do is say no.

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
Install it for her under your own promo: Iceberg Dish Mover, cost = 1 home cooked full of grandma-goodness meal. :)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
TuxCoder said:
Install it for her under your own promo: Iceberg Dish Mover, cost = 1 home cooked full of grandma-goodness meal. :)

I already get those :)
(she's moving about a mile from my house so I'll be getting more of them...won't have to cook many nights now :D)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
BFG said:
The year commitment is saving her $49 by only charging her $50...

damn it.....

I'll talk with her tonight and see what they were going to charge her. If they are going to charge her anything, I'll do it myself. Single level house :)

ChefBoy

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Pasadena, CA
I just used Dishmover a couple of weeks ago. I was charged $99.95 and was given a "Dish 500 discount" of $99.95.

I've been a customer for a number of years, but didn't do anything special - I just called and said "I'm moving!".

Good luck.

Barry

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
I don't think that means he got it free. That's how dish does charges.

For example I had a service call.

They chared me $29 ahead of time on my credit card
Then the next bill came and had a $29 charge for the service and a -$29 dollars for the credit card payment. I still paid then $29. they just charged me ahead of time and not on my bill, so that my bill stayed the same price.

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 12, 2004
:) Iceberg you will probably do a better job than many of the pro's that are in a hurry to leave and don't care about quality. Have fun at grandma's.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Dish is probably charging now for three reasons: So that people will not say they are getting Dish Mover's to get a free dish in which they can use travelling or sell, to reduce costs of having the dish moved, and go to get people to try to do it themselves since there would now be an incentive to do it yourself saving them all that money in not having to pay for another dish and to send someone out. They could also be trying to get people to take their dish with them particularly the SuperDish since it might be costing them more money to keep the dish at the old place instead of taking it with them to the new place since the next people that move in would just sell it.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well, I called her last night and she told me they aren't charging her anything. I asked her if they asked for a cc, and she said nope. She told them she was moving and they set her up for next Thursday between 8-noon. I called them to verify and they assured me (um, ok) that there is no charge.

I'll still have to finish it because they are just hooking up the receiver to her TV. She has 2 TV's that she'll want hooked up.

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
Iceberg said:
I already get those :)
(she's moving about a mile from my house so I'll be getting more of them...won't have to cook many nights now :D)
My house happens to be literally down the street from my grandma's house (where my mom grew up), same side of the street even. It's about 4 blocks away, just a 10 minute walk. Purely coincidental too--I just happened to find the house when I was ready to move, and it fits me perfectly. :)
Sort of the reverse situation as you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)