Dish Network 2007 Wishes For Hd

A lot of the history channel's material is not in HD. It was filmed a long time ago.
Film can translate very well to HD. It may only be 4:3, but it'll still look sharp. Check out some of the old Universal horror movies on Monsters HD.

But you're right, "The Real West" and all of the SD shows that are in the can will still be SD.

AH, yes, the Travel Channel would complement my favorite, Equator, quite well as another HD channel.

Film can translate very well to HD. It may only be 4:3, but it'll still look sharp. Check out some of the old Universal horror movies on Monsters HD.

But you're right, "The Real West" and all of the SD shows that are in the can will still be SD.

true.. HDnet and Universal HD do a ok job with shows like Knight Rider and Equalizer and other OLD and defintaly not HD shows! and they get them pretty good in 16:9

e..b

How about they drop the price on the VIP622's? I'd love to make the jump to Dish, but 400 dollars to "rent" 2 VIP622's is a tough pill to swallow.

New satellite does not mean new transponders though. FCC only allows Dish to broadcast on certain frequencies and they are all pretty much packed to the gills at 110/119/129.

See the announcment for DBS Expanded. Also some newere satellites are likely to mean more spotbeams for HD locals and regionals.

"Fall" is official over on Friday. Lets have the RSN's as promised!

I dont think E* ever promised anything. I am hoping with the price increase in Feb. maybe some news about the RSN's becoming available will be anounced at CES in January. I was hoping the RSN's would have been available last Fall for college football but nope. Thanks E* :mad:

MHD=MTV in HD.

In addition to the abovementioned wishes <cough>RSNs!</cough>, I would like to see more new shows produced in HD on the channels we already have. Yeah, I'm looking at you, VOOM. And you, Food Network and HGTV. And Discovery HD and National Geographic . . . you get the idea.

Granted, this isn't something Dish has a lot of control over.

But I'm past the point where I'm thrilled simply by the availability of a new HD channel. I need to see some more interesting content, or I'll write off a channel entirely as a waste of bandwith if all it is is a constant loop of the same old stuff.

MHD=MTV in HD.

In addition to the abovementioned wishes <cough>RSNs!</cough>, I would like to see more new shows produced in HD on the channels we already have. Yeah, I'm looking at you, VOOM. And you, Food Network and HGTV. And Discovery HD and National Geographic . . . you get the idea. ...
I have noticed more letterbox content lately on the History Channel (new shows only), and some others. Looks to me like they're doing the groundwork for HD, hopefully soon.

I have noticed more letterbox content lately on the History Channel (new shows only), and some others. Looks to me like they're doing the groundwork for HD, hopefully soon.

That would be great! I would love a HD channel that showed the same type of programs as History Channel.

Getting ready to buy a home theater in a box...A 211 question...

Charlie's email address?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)