Dish Network 500 to Bell Expressvu 6120

buckspaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I currently have 2 Dish Network 500 dishes on my roof here in Pennsylvania for locals and HDTV i seriously want to switch to Bell Expressvu's far superior HDTV progamming and totally more diverse Canadian progamming via the 6120 HDTV system from BEV, i used to have Bellexpressu a few years ago so i know how to get programming and euipment. Tech related question, can I repoint one 18' Dish Network 500 with dual LNBF to BEV satellites to receive the two satellites on BEV? is this a simple procedure or do i need to purchase 20" dish with the 6120 system and replace on the esisting tripod? :confused:

well...sort of :)

The Dish500 will work, but you need a Twin (which has one giant "eye" instead of a small one)

a dual will not work

The 6120 system includes a 20" dish with it, and two dual lnb's and a SW-21 at no additional cost (shipping is about $50CAN more though).

dish network to BEV

btw, if your dish says 500 on it, it is already a 20" dish. The 18" dishes have 300 on them.

thanks Derwin0
I do have the dish 500 logo on both dishes currently and it looks like i have everthing i need installed already?, just checked the switch set up on my dish network it displays the following information:

Switch; DP-21 LNB: Twin 2 (1) for echostar 119 and 110

Input: 1 1 2
Satellite: 119 110 61.5
Polarity: All All All
Device: Twin Twin Dual

Im thinking i will just remove the 61.5 dish and disconnect it, will realign dish one nimiq satellites

Starchoice Building/Toronto

DSR 500 and 530 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)