Dish Network Broadband HT1000 / Peplink 20 and DNS

cbsbd3

Original poster
May 16, 2013
Central Massachusetts
I recently had Dish Network Broadband service installed, which came with the Hughes HT1000 modem. I have a Peplink 20 router as my final home network device attached to this modem (using the Peplink WAN1). I should be able to use the router to force DNS inquiries from any device on my network to the Norton ConnectSafe for home servers (198.153.192.50 and 198.153.194.50 for the functionality I want) but I can't get it to work! I've worked with the support staff of the reseller that I bought the Peplink from, while always very prompt and helpful in the end they basically say that it should just work.

It doesn't.

Does anyone else have this setup working successfully, or have any ideas on this?

Thank you.

Ok, thanks for all the answers! Maybe my issue was too specific. I've decided to take the Peplink Balance 20 out of the equation because it seems to randomly lose all of my saved client list info and require rebooting etc. POS. If you want one cheap look on Ebay in a few days.

All I have now is the DishNet HT1000 with the WAN port of a Netgear N600 plugged into it. I want to use the OpenDNS parental controls. I set up an OpenDNS account and everything says it's working except it isn't. I can still get to what should be blocked websites. The DNS settings in the N600 are correct, but on my laptop the wireless config says my DNS is the address of the HT1000.

Is anyone using OpenDNS with a DishNet HT1000? It seems to hijack the DNS setting!

HELP?!

Verizon FIOS vs Time Warner Cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)