DISH New Hopper Transfers Delivers DVR Recordings to iPad

Dish mentions the iPad by name but will Hopper Transfer also support Android tablets? That is, will the user be able to determine the format the program is transferred in?

I must say this must totally suck for folks with first generation Hoppers and the fact that you cannot "transfer".

I wonder if Dish could release a Sling Adapter 2.0 that would handle the transcoding/conversion. Throw built in WiFi to round it out quite nicely :) And ... then allow the Sling 2.0 to be used on 722/K. I would pay for something like this.

I don't see it affecting too many people with Hoppers. I would think most Hopper customers are fine with what they have. What this does now is allow people the choice of paying more for the sling integration and ability to transfer recordings or saving some money and getting the current Hopper that has the main features they want. I think I'll upgrade one of my Hoppers to the new one when I get the chance.

Any idea why this isn't this available on the iPhone?

I upgraded to the Hopper 2.0 and really love it (the speed is great!) but I was disappointed that the Hopper Transfers doesn't work on the iPhone...

Ahhh, OK! So is it a pretty good guess that it's "probably" coming to the iPhone?

I thought maybe Dish was restricting it for some reason...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts