Dish Newtork Signal Levels Help needed

secfreak

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
pa/nj
Hi, I new to Dish Network, just got installed 2 months ago im noticing in moderate rain everything goes out i have no trees have the hopper 2 with a second dish for international channels can anyone provide what the peak levels should be in channel for 61.5 and others on a clear sunny day.. i live 60 miles wsw of new york city. Thanks

What is your zipcode? From your description, your dish probably needs to be realigned. Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi, I new to Dish Network, just got installed 2 months ago im noticing in moderate rain everything goes out i have no trees have the hopper 2 with a second dish for international channels can anyone provide what the peak levels should be in channel for 61.5 and others on a clear sunny day.. i live 60 miles wsw of new york city. Thanks

I switched from 110/119 to HD on the Eastern Arc about a month ago, and I have signal questions on 61.5, too, in SE Pa. Rain fade hasn't been a problem, but I have a low reading on transponder 16. After the install it was always at 36. Lately it has been 30 or 32. Other transponders are much higher -- next lowest being almost 50 and some in the 60s. Don't know why one transponder could be an issue. I'm in ZIP 17601.

I switched from 110/119 to HD on the Eastern Arc about a month ago, and I have signal questions on 61.5, too, in SE Pa. Rain fade hasn't been a problem, but I have a low reading on transponder 16. After the install it was always at 36. Lately it has been 30 or 32. Other transponders are much higher -- next lowest being almost 50 and some in the 60s. Don't know why onetr transponder could be an issue. I'm in ZIP 17601.

Are you experiencing pixelation or lost picture on any of the channels of transponder 16?

It may just read low anyways. I'm not sure I do WA installs only.

Check TPs 10 and 14 on 61.5, anything over 47 or so is OK.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

The SD channels on that transponder are ones I don't watch so I don't know what pixelation might occur there. I have experienced only very minor and brief pixelation on any of the channels I do watch. I have 58 on TP10, 48 on TP14 and 33 on TP16. Sounds like the numbers are nothing to worry about unless I have picture troubles.

Sounds overly simple but try carefully reaiming your dish antenna. try to avoid unamplified splitters and long runs of coax, especially RG-58/59. I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)