Dish no longer offering the Everything Package?

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
My contract with Directv expired and I'm looking at my options. I looked at Dish's website and I'm not seeing AEP listed anywhere. Did Dish decide to discontinue it for new customers?

Likely they are not going to advertise it, then, if you get the first three months free of the premiums. It is hard to make the sell to the lower cost when you only get three months of the premium price reduced, then the credit for AT250. I could see that as a possibility to avoid the crap shoot that comes after(that many of us have seen or heard people complain about when they saw their 4th bill.)

Likely they are not going to advertise it, then, if you get the first three months free of the premiums. It is hard to make the sell to the lower cost when you only get three months of the premium price reduced, then the credit for AT250. I could see that as a possibility to avoid the crap shoot that comes after(that many of us have seen or heard people complain about when they saw their 4th bill.)

I'm actually curious to see if the AEP Price comes out to be the same as doing AT 250 + the 4 premiums. It probably is but I wanted to double-check the math and confirm.

I'm actually curious to see if the AEP Price comes out to be the same as doing AT 250 + the 4 premiums. It probably is but I wanted to double-check the math and confirm.

That's exactly what aep is...AT 250 with 4 premiums. The math works out either way.

Are you talking promotional?
No, regular prices. I always look at regular prices as well as promotional prices. I know Dish is pushing AT 250 right now (a little over 50% off the regular price!) for 12 months. Again it's the regular price that's always sobering. AT 250 is now at $84.99/month. I remember AEP used to be that price when I first signed up for Dish back in '04.

That's exactly what aep is...AT 250 with 4 premiums. The math works out either way.
Ugh. I was hoping Dish would discount a little to show a little appreciation. It could have been like "Hey let's discount AEP by like $10/month to show some appreciation for those guys willing to spend so much on TV. We'll still make a decent profit out of them." I guess Dish (nor Directv) can't afford to do that without us having to call and bug their reps (or use DIRT on Satelliteguys).

Directv doesn't advertise theirs either.

The price point scares people away.

It's easier to advertise AT250 with the movie channels free for 3 months

At least Directv still has it listed on their website. https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/pepod/configure.jsp?ACM=false&lpos=Header:3#package-section
Dish is not listing theirs at all. I understand the price point scares most potential customers and that it's not for everyone but those 2 packages still have a niche market for those that have to have everything, like my family because we all watch mostly different shows on different channels and a good chunk of what we watch is on the at least 1 premium network year-round.

At least Directv still has it listed on their website. https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/pepod/configure.jsp?ACM=false&lpos=Header:3#package-section
Dish is not listing theirs at all. I understand the price point scares most potential customers and that it's not for everyone but those 2 packages still have a niche market for those that have to have everything, like my family because we all watch mostly different shows on different channels and a good chunk of what we watch is on the at least 1 premium network year-round.
Like this:
http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages

Ugh. I was hoping Dish would discount a little to show a little appreciation. It could have been like "Hey let's discount AEP by like $10/month to show some appreciation for those guys willing to spend so much on TV. We'll still make a decent profit out of them." I guess Dish (nor Directv) can't afford to do that without us having to call and bug their reps (or use DIRT on Satelliteguys).

They do give you a discount...the more premiums you have the cheaper it is.

I know what you're saying though. Aep should have something to make it stand out....it really shouldn't even be called AEP because it's not.

Reactions: mario315
I think everybody has said it well here. I don't think Dish really advertises the AEP for new customers. The AT250 is $84.99. The 4 premiums (HBO/Max/Sho/Starz) are $47, and the cost for the AEP is $84.99+$47. No benefit in the AEP versus the AT250 plus the 4 premiums. It's generally not even listed as the AEP any more, customers are just listed as the AT250 and the premiums. Same thing, same price.

Also, there's been a change for new customers, they generally are not giving HBO and Max free to new customers. It's mostly Showtime, Starz, Blockbuster at Home, and usually something like Encore for non AT250 customers. I'd guess this is a mini-feud with HBO, so they've been cut out of the freebies for new customers. I've already mentioned there are no longer any reduced price HBO packages, save for the HBO/Max pair for $20/mo for six months.

Reactions: Hall
I fondly recall when I had 2 VIP722 receivers and the everything pack and all the superstations and my monthly bill was no more than $75 a month. Them days are gone and never coming back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts