Dish no longer taking AMEX?

Which is why I generally use my ATM card. That, and forgetting my checkbook! :p ;)

IIRC Amex has one digit more than Visa/MC. Easy to pick out, without even decoding the numbers.

Give me the first number of your credit card and I'll tell you what kind it is.

3 - American express
4 - Visa
5 - Master Card
6 - Novus (Discover)
7 - Used to be reserved for gas company credit cards. Best Buy, private credit cards
8 - Walt Disney private cards & Phone company private cards (ATT, Sprint, ETC)

Give me the first number of your credit card and I'll tell you what kind it is.

3 - American express
4 - Visa
5 - Master Card
6 - Novus (Discover)
7 - Used to be reserved for gas company credit cards. Best Buy, private credit cards
8 - Walt Disney private cards & Phone company private cards (ATT, Sprint, ETC)

What, no Diner's Club? Actually had a guy try to pay for boiler repairs with a Diner's Club card.

I use my Amex card exclusively although I have thought about using my Visa and Mastercard as well to help with the credit. It just seems easier to only use one card though. I'd rather use the credit card than write checks because I pay the credit card using my checking account and have 3-4 weeks grace period to pay it. I also like the protection on purchases in case I run into any problems.

I think Diner's club cards start with a 3 as well

Diners Club affiliated with Master Card a couple of years ago to gain a wider acceptance base. I've had one for a number of years on a corporate account and had less trouble with acceptance than the AMEX card.

I've stopped using my Discover Card ever since I stopped going to Sams Club. Their rewards system is weak compared to many other cards.

I've stopped using my Discover Card ever since I stopped going to Sams Club. Their rewards system is weak compared to many other cards.
So true!! Why they only pay .25% on 1st $1500 , .5 % on next $1500 and 1% on everything above $3000 is not competitive. Capital one Quicksilver pays 1.5% on everything with no max. Amex Blue pays 3% on grocery stores ,2% on gas stations and department stores, and 1% on everything else with no max. Sam's now takes the MasterCard charge card and the Visa debit card.

My Amazon Visa pays 3% on Amazon, 2% gas, groceries, restaurants and 1% all else.

So true!! Why they only pay .25% on 1st $1500 , .5 % on next $1500 and 1% on everything above $3000 is not competitive.

Not anymore guys. I have the Discover It card and beside the 5% rotating categories every quarter, it's 1% across the board (so you at least get 1% on your purchases). Plus they now include your FICO score from TransUnion on your statements which I think is a pretty cool feature.:)

Still, I get my FICO score thru my credit union, and I don't have to follow rotating categories. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)