DISH offering Complementary HBO for Alzheimer's Project?

DISH_NC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I received an email from a friend and in the email is said:

"All films will stream free of charge on HBO: Documentaries: The Alzheimer's Project: Homepage and will be offered for free on multiple platforms by participating television service providers."

The latter part of the sentence seems to indicate that some providers will be providing this program for free. I tried to select it in my guide (I don't subscribe to HBO) but it proceeded to want me to add HBO to my account.

I contacted a CSR via Chat but he wasn't able to tell me if DISH would be providing this show for free to it's subscribers.

Does anybody know? I would sign up for HBO this month just to watch this in HD and then downgrade at the end of the month but would prefer just to avoid the hassle.

My understanding is that it is only viewable during the dates and times listed on channel 102. I think one of them is 9/10, 9-10pm. Don't remember the other dates and times at the moment.

HBO's The Alzheimer's Project - America's Everything Pack - showing 5/10 - 5/12

Beginning Sunday, May 10th, DISH Network is proud to partner with HBO to offer all customers the opportunity to watch a groundbreaking documentary feature on Alzheimer's disease at no additional cost! The 4-part documentary, entitled The Alzheimer's Project, will focus on its causes, symptoms, treatments and possible cures. Executive producer Maria Shriver along with the HBO team responsible for Addiction, The Alzheimer's Project will premiere the four main-service documentaries from Sunday through Tuesday, May 10-12 only on HBO. Don't miss out - check out channel 102 for times and channels!

Sunday 5/10 9:00pm - 10:00pm The Memory loss tapes

Monday 5/11 7:30pm - 8:00pm Grandpa, Do You Know Who I Am?
8:00pm - :00pm Momentum in Science (Part I)

Tuesday 5/12 7:00pm - 8:00pm Caregivers 8:00pm - 9:00 pm Momentum in Science (Part II)

I tuned to 102 and found the 'slide' - thanks for the info. DISH does appear to have it messed up though - the episodes are each 83 minutes long but they only show 1 hr window for the first one and 30 minutes for the second, etc....

Oh well.

Still won't let me set a timer on the DVR for it without starting the signup process for HBO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)