Dish on Demand Help??

Jade22

Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
U.S.A.
I'm new to dish, just had it installed about 2 weeks ago, and I was wanting to try the dish on demand feature but it can't seem to get it to work. I have the VIP722k DVR and it's connected to a phone line as well as the internet (dsl). I can order PPV movies and get onto dishonline and download movies and shows but when I go to dish on demand and click on movies & more or tv entertainment it says there are "no events available." Also the vod channel 501 doesn't show up on my guide and when I input the number it just skips to 502. I called customer service and they couldn't figure out what was wrong so they just sent me a new receiver but it still does the same thing. Could I have something setup wrong? TIA

Are you putting your receiver in standby at night? The Movies and More movies and the channel 501 movies are downloaded to your receiver from the satellite when both tuners are in standby.

Is the ViP722K plugged into a switched power outlet?

As lakebum431 suggests, it would appear that you've figured out a way to interfere with the normal nightly activities.

Thanks for all the replies. :)
The receiver is plugged straight into the wall outlet. I turned the dvr off about two nights ago because that's what it said to do in the manual but I think my daughter might have turned it back on in her room. Because the next day nothing had changed. Is there a certain time at night that the receiver needs to be off? Is there anyway to force the dvr to download updates or whatever is needed?

Quick reply. I turned my dvr off again last night and this time I made sure my daughter didn't turn it back on. This morning channel 501, movies & more, and TV entertainment showed up. Thanks to all who replied.:)

Glad that worked for you. Remember new programs are downloaded all the time so to continue to get the new content just make sure your receiver is "off" when not watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)