dish out of alignment from vandals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatPhreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
I got home this afternoon too see that my dish was pointing in the wrong direction from where it should have been. I couldn't get anything, so I went to look closer at it and notice the motor pointed at SE instead of S. Had to go across town to get my small tv so I can realign it. Now it's time to go back and fix it. It had to be moved by a person because the win was gusting to about 5 mph today.

Reminds me of a story about my uncle leaving a note under a windshield wiper explaining that he had broken off the car's antenna with his canoe while porting it around some locks. Sometimes what appears to be vandalism is really just an accident.

2nd sign: Because of the high cost of ammunition, NO warning shots will be heard.
Actually, a few years ago, had a little run in with some local hooligans. Caught them peering into vehicles late one evening. Chased them down and although they denied doing it, the evidence, hand prints, were all over the windows. Just informed them to look above the house door the next time they are by, and notice the camera, and stated "I have pictures". No more problems.

Yep sometimes a little white lie is all you need, tell them you have cameras up, even if you don't....enough to scare most kids away.

I got home this afternoon too see that my dish was pointing in the wrong direction from where it should have been. I couldn't get anything, so I went to look closer at it and notice the motor pointed at SE instead of S. Had to go across town to get my small tv so I can realign it. Now it's time to go back and fix it. It had to be moved by a person because the win was gusting to about 5 mph today.

Did it look like a forced move, or did it look like someone had loosened some bolts in order to turn it? If it's the former, do you have big birds around there like buzzards, eagles, etc? If yes, maybe one of them was flying low in an easterly direction..then BaM!!...Uhhh there's a dish there. This then knocks the dish southeast a bit. If it was a low flying big bird, perhaps it ran into the outer edge of the dish, thus not really causing any noticeable damage to the dish, but still enough force to cause the dish to turn easterly on the pole. In some of the other posts, some suggested putting up signs. If it were a huge bird that did this, signs probably wouldn't help. For one, birds can't read. And even if they could, obviously some of them can't see, the fact they run into satellite dishes while flying low. OTOH, if it was the latter, then totally disregard the first theory. lol. BTW, if anyone wonders where I come up with some of the theories...doesn't anyone watch cartoons anymore?

Did it look like a forced move, or did it look like someone had loosened some bolts in order to turn it? If it's the former, do you have big birds around there like buzzards, eagles, etc? If yes, maybe one of them was flying low in an easterly direction..then BaM!!...Uhhh there's a dish there. This then knocks the dish southeast a bit. If it was a low flying big bird, perhaps it ran into the outer edge of the dish, thus not really causing any noticeable damage to the dish, but still enough force to cause the dish to turn easterly on the pole. In some of the other posts, some suggested putting up signs. If it were a huge bird that did this, signs probably wouldn't help. For one, birds can't read. And even if they could, obviously some of them can't see, the fact they run into satellite dishes while flying low. OTOH, if it was the latter, then totally disregard the first theory. lol. BTW, if anyone wonders where I come up with some of the theories...doesn't anyone watch cartoons anymore?

Have you been drinking again? If not, it's quite obvious that theory is for the birds! lol

Have you been drinking again? If not, it's quite obvious that theory is for the birds! lol

Nah, not drinking again, likely just watching too many cartoons again. :)

But it would be really funny tho, if it did turn out to be a bird or something that flew into the dish. Also another theory, a more serious theory, but depending on how low the dish is in relation to the ground, and if it's low enough, a huge animal could have brushed by, thus causing it to turn on the pole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts