Dish RedZone in SD?

SpencerCat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I tuned in to NFL RedZone this morning and discovered that Dish is broadcasting it in SD. Last year Dish broadcast RedZone in HD.

I called Dish and was told that there was a 15 minute wait, so I went to Dish chat and was told that there was a 9 minute wait. Great customer service.

Does anyone here have any information regarding Dish and RedZone SD/HD?

DirecTV has offered me $200 to return, and that would pay my Dish ETF fee, so I am seriously considering leaving Dish. I know that it's only football, but I've been an NFL fan since 1954, and I love watching NFL football.

Thanks for reading my minor rant.

Richard

The Red Zone HD channel isn't showing up in my guide. Since this is the free preview week I'm guessing that Dish has only made the SD feed available for non-subscribers of the Multi-Sport w/RedZone pack.

UPDATE: Try channel 9467. It shows up on my 722k there in HD. It looks like they didnt map the channel to 155.

OK, here's my update. First off, I jumped to the wrong conclusion. After finally talking to 2 levels of Dish support and resetting my receiver once, I found out the reason I saw RedZone in HD last year was because I had the new subscriber Multi-Sport w/RedZone pack for free, and that has now expired.

The CSR let me sign up for the Multi-Sport w/RedZone pack for half price for 6 months, and since watching NFL games in HD is so important to me, I agreed to pay the extra $6.50 per month for the next 6 months. Now I just have to remember to cancel it at the end of the 6 months.

Richard

Thanks, tallfence. I had it on 9467 just now, went to guide, selected 155. It's there. For kicks I went back to 9467 and now it says Programming Not Authorized. It was on til I changed channels. Weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts