Dish - regular program pricing

jiw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 24, 2012
Oroville, wa
Hi,
I am new to this forum, and I need help. Like new snow bird, I am in process of buying vip722k receiver - from e-bay, and I would like to know what packages i can order, what price they will be, and if somebody can help me to activate my card. Zip is 85365 in Yuma.
On internet, all prices are for 2 years contract, and I am with my own receiver, and installation.
Regards
jiw

Thx Iceberg for your quick reply - need more info.Up north - 98844, I can see only 110 and 119, so what programing is coming from those two sats? Can I get Spokane locals - with what pac in the summer? Hey, I like movies, soccer, hockey....
Regards
jiw

If buying a 722 off ebay you do know the safest way is get the S# and R# and call DISH to verify that the receiver is NOT LEASED and does not have an outstanding balance.

hi Garys, 129 is out of question - not possible, building in the way. so what I can get from 110, and 119?
119 has a best line, and this set up will be for up north, and for 5 months I can use all three.
thanks boba for a warning. unit is new, and from sat-pro.
jiw

Update. Wife received my shipment, and open it. I ordered vip 722k, but in the box was vip 722.
Receiver was shrink wrap, and has a smart card in it. Sticker with receiver and card info is stock to top of
receiver. This suppose to be new receiver, and suppose to be vip 722k. What I should do with it.
It is bout on e*. Should i kip it? What is your suggestion?
jiw

IMHO if you bought a new receiver you should get a new receiver.

If you decide to keep it, a 722 is almost identical to the 722k, with the exception of having a built-in OTA tuner. On the 722k, you need to buy an extra cost plug-in module to tune in OTA channels. I think Oroville is around 100 miles from Spokane, so receiving these locals might be challenging. A deep-fringe antenna should do it, though. Try http://tvfool.com to check on expected signal.

If you do decide to go with a 722, and get a strong antenna for OTA reception, please note that the &^%$ firmware on the 722 won't allow you to tune in OTA channels from the TV2 output. This situation is fixed on the 722k w/plug-in module, since the module has two OTA tuners. This allows you to record 4 things at once on a 722k.

OK, here's a final note. Since you have no LOS to 129, and you can't get a lot of HD programming or locals from there, you might consider Eastern Arc instead.

Last edited:
Unless you planned on getting the 722k off air module to be able to run two off air channels at the same time in addition to the dish service, I'd say just use that one. I mean its a slightly older model than the 722k but the functionality is exactly the same. I've personally found as an installer that the regular 722 seems to be less problematic.

Sounds like you did get a refurb unit. If the serial number starts with a 'W' then its a refurb. 'R' means its new.

New update. 722 was refurbish, and is back to its seller, but it cost me $14.50 for shipment. New 722k ordered, and received, connected to dish, which I ruffly point to sky. I install chip o in line meter, and start up receiver. I was hopping to get sat positioning firs, but it was 7 steps wizard, so I start it. Receiver start download of updates, and after 5 min it ask me to recheck connections, and alignment of the dish. I use my meter to get best signal, and receiver download update, and instal it in receiver, but I was stuck in step 6 - registry. So I phone dish and register unit, and but a basic programing, because, I did not know if i got right signals. After all that, I check my receiver for how many birds I got, and found only two. 119 with 50, 129 with 20, both locked. Third lnbf is connected bat no signal. Do I have to move dish to east to get 110?
jiw

Well, playing all day with dish, and my cold, I finely got all 3 sats.
110 - 62 with transp. 11
119 - 57 with transp. 11
129 - 23 with transp. 11
Question is, how to get more gain on 129? If I start to play with skew, it will mess up other two.
Is 23 good for watching hd?
Can any body tel me, who is from dirt on the line today? I want to set up my programs, and see if he can
offer something.
Thanks to guys above, for they input, and help.
jiw

maryb is online for dirt

http://www.satelliteguys.us/members/162775-maryb-Dish-Network

you can scroll to the bottom of the main forums page and see the current members online. DIRT members are in red.

If 129 is locked it will probably be ok until you get some wind, rain or clouds, then it will go out. Make sure the j-arm is plumb and try adjusting the elevation up/down a degree. Once the skew is set you shouldn't have to mess with it, just the elevation and azimuth. Also as mentioned check to make sure the dish isn't dented or warped.

edit: that may be all you get off of 129, if you have a building or something obstructing your line of sight.

on 129 choose transponder between 17-32

1-16 on 129 is spotbeams so if you are on the edge of that spotbeam you'll show low (or no) signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)