Dish temp pause acct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clydesam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Having uverse installed and instead of canceling dish all together. I put the acct on hold in case I have a connection problem with the service since I had dsl service before with ATT and it would go out every time it got hot out. They gave me two options since I have the service plan. $5 without the plan and a one time $25 dropping the plan or $11 with the plan. Decided to keep the plan and pay $11. So if Uverse is fine after 6 mos. and no trouble will drop dish all together or if dish I like better will just keep the uverse for internet and phone. I noticed with dish pause on the acct. I still get the free channels plus the free previews channels even in hd. Dish online still works also. Can download free movies or tv shows on to the receiver. I am not going to buy any but I guess you could use that too.

if you own the boxes why not just cancel? if you call E they will be thrilled to get you back.....

I am canceling E next week going to comcast, an tearing out my E system, I am not going back. If comcast doesnt work then its D for me.

companies that raise fee bill 30 bucks at one time dont weant my business and certinally dont deserve my money:(

NEXT week? WHY WAIT BOB? I am sure that DISH will be thrilled once you leave once and for all. I know we will. Then you and all of us can move on with our lives. But seriously I understand why you are finally canceling . The fees for extra receivers are simply outrageous and definitely are not good for DISH's business. After all how can DISH be the low price leader and push $17.00 fees on additional dual tuner dvrs , when DIRECTV is only charging $5.00 for each additional receiver on their accounts? I understand why you pay $10.00 or more per programming pack with DIRECTV over DISH , because ALL subs with DIRECTV are paying for NFL Sunday ticket ,whether they subscribe to it or not. What is DISH's excuse for the extra $12.00 per extra dual tuner receiver? Answer: PURE GREED!:mad::mad: