Dish Turbo HD Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fafhrd2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Fairmont WV
HI, Just got a Turbo HD dish --25 inches x 20 inches, and looking to watch History and Bio on the 101 W. Can someone please give the focal length for this dish? I mean the distance from front edge of lnbf to center of dish.
Thanks guys! (The plastic extender housing with Dish triple lnbf unit is unattached from the steel arm and I,m going to make a bracket for my 0.4 Ku lnbf).

Is that the one with the 3 "eyes"? , then put the LNBF back and messure from the center of the dish to the Eye on the center. I have now a 24' round dish on a Stab 90 motor and those 2 channels are among the few signals I get accross the arc , obviously on linear Ku only. I tried a 65 cm elliptical Starchoice dish once and it worked like a charm for a few linear birds so I think your dish should work on those channels..

HI, Just got a Turbo HD dish --25 inches x 20 inches, and looking to watch History and Bio on the 101 W. Can someone please give the focal length for this dish? I mean the distance from front edge of lnbf to center of dish.
Thanks guys! (The plastic extender housing with Dish triple lnbf unit is unattached from the steel arm and I,m going to make a bracket for my 0.4 Ku lnbf).

Oh I forgot, following the same logic on the other recent thread about a piracy, I guess we should also start calling you pirate or the likes , lol. Too bad you acctually said "on the 101W bird" , otherwise the timing would have been perfect , lol. Hold on , Doesn't Direct TV have a bird on 101W? , Hey we have a winner , lol.

I should also add eventhough those 2 channels come in fine with the 24" dish , its been perfect days for Ku here and quality on the CS 6000 is borderline at 66/67 , so even a grey cloud will kill for sure.

Thanks HD Fan, but I don't know how far to slide the plastic cowling down the arm and there is a range of several inches from front to back on the arm that the lnbf with plastic can be adjusted for. Would still like to know proper focal distance if someone has tried fta with this dish previously! Not trying to get free direct tv, just the hotel network, BVN, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)