DISH VIP222K receiver dp plus Triplexer ES175284 program?

crippledchicken

Original poster
Sep 29, 2022
southeast mo
Hello to everyone, my tv 2 will no longer work on channel 60 as it used to. I ran a short coax cable from Triplexer output to tv1 and ran a channel scan and I get nothing but snow on that tv also? I've had this equipment for years but, I'm also not sure if my tv 1 is digital only, or not. here is a link Also, I checked the cable run to tv 2 for continuity.

Last edited:
Very old equipment. Might be ahead to consider a Hopper. My friend, Colonel Sanders would like to discuss it with you. :devilish

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
Hello to everyone, my tv 2 will no longer work on channel 60 as it used to. I ran a short coax cable from Triplexer output to tv1 and ran a channel scan and I get nothing but snow on that tv also?
It is not clear to me what you did there. Are you taking a channel 60 output from the 222 and sending that back up the single cable to the dish? Did somebody muck with the diplexer at the other end?
I've had this equipment for years but, I'm also not sure if my tv 1 is digital only, or not. here is a link Also, I checked the cable run to tv 2 for continuity.
The RF output is analog of course. I would guess that your TV1/Vizio is using HDMI to get HD. You would know that by looking at how it's hooked up.

It is not clear to me what you did there. Are you taking a channel 60 output from the 222 and sending that back up the single cable to the dish? Did somebody muck with the diplexer at the other end?

The RF output is analog of course. I would guess that your TV1/Vizio is using HDMI to get HD. You would know that by looking at how it's hooked up.

The triplexer is hooked up right behind the receiver. The line channel 60 output, from triplexer leads to bedroom to tv 2 and TV 2 quit working. I reprogrammed tv 2 remote again with remote address. the dual led is lit up on the receiver. When I go to system info using remote for tv 1, I get a message saying I will interrupt tv 2 by doing that but tv 2 isn't even functioning? On the back òf the VIZIO tv, there is a fitting to screw a coax cable on. So I screwed a short length on coax on that and put the other end on the tv 2 output on the triplexer. I then ran a channel scan on tv 1 to try and see if that output is now feeding tv . The scan came up no channels found leading me to think either the triplexer is not out putting a signal or, the tv has a strictly digital tuner and won't handle the tv 2 output signal. Actually though, I haven't figured out yet if the coax connector is an input or, output connector. I hope I'm not confusing anyone but myself LOL!

I've just confirmed the f connector on the back of tv 1 is indeed, an antenna/cable input. My guess is that the triplexer is no longer putting out tv 2 signal I'm just waiting to here a more experienced opinions than my own before I order another triplexer.

I've just confirmed the f connector on the back of tv 1 is indeed, an antenna/cable input. My guess is that the triplexer is no longer putting out tv 2 signal I'm just waiting to here a more experienced opinions than my own before I order another triplexer.
Wait a second, you are trying to connect to the triplexer for TV2 signal? If so, that’s your problem, the triplexer does not output a signal, it accepts one from the “Home Distribution” port on the back of your receiver. If you want to test channel 60 on TV1 you need to connect it to that port instead.

Reactions: TheKrell
Also double check that the modulation output is still configured to channel 60 OTA output. There's also an option send it out as a cable channel. So you may need to scan both OTA or cable until you determine which output is configured. It is somewhere in the system setup menu under modulation output.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts