DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

Charlie hasn't taken the stand yet, but it promises to be interesting given yesterdays less-than-friendly courtroom confrontations. If there were any questions about these parties not liking one another..well, I think that question has been answered. Anyway, I assume he will be on the stand today. :popcorn

"For days, Snyder [Voom's chief counsel] has launched assault after assault on Dish executives. On Friday he told the judge: “What’s disturbing is Carolyn Crawford, we know, as I told your Honor yesterday, double deleted from her delete file some of the e-mails that are the most important evidence in this case.”

"EchoStar Chairman Charlie Ergen, who was cooling his heels in the courthouse waiting to testify, never did get onto the stand yesterday."

If I were in NY City I would try to get a seat in the courtroom instead of catching a Yankees playoff game or Broadcast show...much more action taking place in the courtroom. I wonder if Charlie is reading the newpaper articles about this case?
Yeah, but, can you bring popcorn into the courtroom?

riffjim4069 said:
Why not? What's Judge Lowe going to do...insult me until I ruy crying out of the courtroom? Or have Ms Crawford to shake her finger in my face and punch me in the arm? ;)

If I were one of the jury sitting there, heard the "eagle" so eloquently blasted the woman time after time, but as soon as the woman tapped her finger on his dad's shoulder, the guy immediately calls cops. Now that could have left some good impression on me:)

and so this comment made the woman cry and run out of the room? Do you really consider this an insult?

“That woman has been in this courtroom since day one,” Lowe said, “and if I had known what her position was in this case, I would never have permitted her to sit here in this courtroom.”

Well if they do settle (soon) and it puts AMC back on Dish, all you folks can thank me ;). I did not feel like "waiting" any longer so Direct is here at my home (at this very moment) installing a new system. Just as well I guess because I simply through with Dish at this point anyway after of the trouble they have caused me

If I were one of the jury sitting there, heard the "eagle" so eloquently blasted the woman time after time, but as soon as the woman tapped her finger on his dad's shoulder, the guy immediately calls cops. Now that could have left some good impression on me:)

"......but the antics away from the jury took center stage......"

And she did not run out on her own, so to speak. Judge wanted her out of the courtroom and made statements about regretting her presence had been allowed. Sounds like the judge may have gone a bit far. All this is amazing to me. What little time I've spent in courtrooms (outside of petty crimes) I've found them to always be cold sober affairs. The slightest raised voice or emotion was immediately squelched. The judge always betrayed no feelings and said very little.

navychop said:
"......but the antics away from the jury took center stage......"

And she did not run out on her own, so to speak. Judge wanted her out of the courtroom and made statements about regretting her presence had been allowed. Sounds like the judge may have gone a bit far. All this is amazing to me. What little time I've spent in courtrooms (outside of petty crimes) I've found them to always be cold sober affairs. The slightest raised voice or emotion was immediately squelched. The judge always betrayed no feelings and said very little.

This judge definitely had shown which party he was siding. IMHO, had he simply issued a summary judgment in favor of VOOM, Dish would have had much less to support their appeal:)

I mean really, if you want one side to win, it may be a good idea at least try to appear neutral. Why else have a jury trial if you have already made up your mind? More importantly why give the other side more reason to appeal?

This judge definitely had shown which party he was siding. IMHO, had he simply issued a summary judgment in favor of VOOM, Dish would have had much less to support their appeal:)

Sounds like that to me, but I have no qualifications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts