Dish when at it's extremes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i find this interesting, i need to set up a fixed dish again,having trouble with AMC3 due to a tree,i think i will go this route as well,, 1st question,, Pete--why dishes upside down??( by the way what paint did you use?), 2nd,, does this matter for any size, or once past certain size should you not angle..(and not flip upside down?)thanks

ok my latitude is 41.8 , so how would do you figure dish elevation ?
When I set up my motor there was a calculation but that varies on different motors, since I wont be using motor but a angled mast at 42 degrees

Tomorrow I am setting up a Fixed dish and want to skew the whole dish using the poor man's H to H mount , might try T12 just to see if it's possible, but dish is actually for Hispasat.

The dish elevation would be the same as if it was on a motor

i find this interesting, i need to set up a fixed dish again,having trouble with AMC3 due to a tree,i think i will go this route as well,, 1st question,, Pete--why dishes upside down??( by the way what paint did you use?), 2nd,, does this matter for any size, or once past certain size should you not angle..(and not flip upside down?)thanks

an upside down dish is used mainly when dealing with low elevations. Some dishes only go to 20 degrees and as an example, hispasat is at 11 here in MN so thats why.

Also, its low to the ground :)

Poor Man's H to H Really works, I played around with it all afternoon into the night, I had to play with the skew a little.

I chose a spot I thought had good LOS to the south east, but I figured wrong, I can confirm that I hit all birds from 72.0 - 99.0 by just rotating dish, I had all frequencies stored in STB making it easier to adjust and also used a Sat finder analog chirping meter, which helped me stop on cue.

I also used my motorized setup for reference, I had it set on 87.0 and used a magnetic angle finder to get the proper elevation it was set at and applied it to my project.
It was fun but tomorrow I'm going to higher ground and will have to mount dish on a regular mast and just skew the LNB, not what I wanted but I have little choice, Hispasat is difficult to hit and just didn't work out for the Poor man's H to H mount.

Glad to hear its working out for you :)

Its a great way to set up a dish, one elevation gets all satellites of the Clarke Belt, and the skew is always spot on. (Some satellites are not :) )

Why don't they put instructions on how to do poor mans htoh in the manuals they send out with dishes and recievers? It'd make things a lot easier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)