Dish322 purchase

dmfabri

Oct 17, 2008
I have two old echostar receivers, I think a model 1000 and 4000 (UHF remote) that I purchased almost 15 years ago. I have Dish 500 and I pay a monthly charge for an extra receiver. I am interested in consolidating these into one receiver – I do not want hd or dvr, so the receiver that appears to be indicated is the DISH322. I have read that these cannot be purchased outright and must be leased, but I find them for sale on the net. If I were to purchase one, should I expect any issues from DN? Thanks in advance.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
When purchasing any used receiver on the net get the R00 & S00 numbers and call DISH to verify they aren't leased/have a balance owed on them and are released for redployment. If listed as NEW you might still want to check to be sure they really are new.

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
No you can purchase a receiver and activate it without a problem. Dish itself has most all of its receivers in a lease only format. There are places online such as dish store where you can get a brand new receiver for a good price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts