DishLatino Max + Sports Pak x Top250 Comparision

TravelFan1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
I decided to take +- 1hr of my day and compiled the list attached. I believe this should help folks that want more soccer/futbol in their lives, so they've been looking to find a way to have access to ESPNDeportes and FSE but are wondering what they'd lose if they were to change from an English package to the Latino package + Sports Pak.

Feel free to let me know of any edits needed. I left a few blanks in the xls file for channels that I couldn't figure out the answer - maybe these are channels that Dish Network, on its web site, refer to them by different names. I relied on information from Dish Network Web site to compile it, plus some comments made on the http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/223069-can-you-get-espndeportes-fse-la.html thread.

The list helped me with my decision: I Must keep America's Top 250, because NickJr is a MUST at my home. I can't understand why Dish Latino packages include the, if you will, "traditional" Nickelodeon channels but neither NickJr nor Teennick...

Also, it's worth to mention that Dish Sports pak is really weird: It doesn't include Tennis Channel, CBS College or ESPNU, channels that are also not included in the LatinoMax package.

Attachments

• dish_latino_max+sportspak_vs_top250_comparision.xls
    44 KB · Views: 273
It's worth to mention that Top250 is 64.99/month, LatinoMax is 52.99/month and Sports Pak is 7.00/month, so the LatinoMax + Sports Pak is 5 bucks/month cheaper. If nickjr were available in the LatinoMax pak, I'd probably not only switch, but also add another premium, probably Showtime during NFL season.

Great list! Thanks!

I've been thinking of the same thing....

I updated with color, easier for me to read.

Attachments

• dish_latino_max+sportspak_vs_top250_comparision_color.xls
    33.5 KB · Views: 232
I have had Dish Latino Max for that reason for over a year.

I sometimes watch CNN in HD, and so don't miss "Far Left News" and "Far Right News" channels. ;)

I don't subscribe to Multi-Sports - why do you need that ?

PS DirecTV has a similar package "Mas Ultra" for $59.99...

I don't subscribe to Multi-Sports - why do you need that ?

In my case,

During the NFL season its the only way to get Redzone.

NFL Network has a weekly game for the last 8 weeks of the regular season, a weekly CFL game each Friday (yeah I like canadian football) plus I like their off season shows.

NBA TV provides some games in addition to ESPN and TNT.

NHL network complements my RSN coverage (in my case the Penguins).:tux:

I agree the additional RSNs (the few remaining ones) are pretty much useless, as anything of interest its blacked out.

Well, that would be my case, as always, it depends on what you're looking for.

I tried the combination for like four days. HD channel numbering was all messed up, channels were only available on the 5300's (a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience).

The real deal breaker was NBA and NHL were only available in SD. I went through troubleshooting with tech support and they wanted me to return the receiver.

So, I swallowed the change fee and moved to AT250 (everything works as it should), also, I found myself watching VS as well.

If I want latino channels in the future, I'll just add the latino bonus.

What is the Dish Latino Bonus? Does it include ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes?

Also, I have Dish Latino Dos and receive my regional Sports Network (Comcast BAy Area/Comcast California) so I don't think you need the Multi-Sport Pack (unless you want the NHL Network, NBA channel and/or the NFL Red Zone).

What is the Dish Latino Bonus? Does it include ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes?

Also, I have Dish Latino Dos and receive my regional Sports Network (Comcast BAy Area/Comcast California) so I don't think you need the Multi-Sport Pack (unless you want the NHL Network, NBA channel and/or the NFL Red Zone).

Dish Latino bonus is an add on for the AT packages. It contains all the channels from Dish Latino Clásico including ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes. You can even add Playboy en español for $0. But instead of paying $29.99 a month you pay $14.00, because you sub to an AT pack.

Like the AT packs, Latino Dos and Max include your RSN but unlike the AT packs, the latino packs don't include NBATV, NFL, NHL Net. So you need to add Multi sports to get those, but only NFL is in HD, NBA and NHL are SD only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts