DishNet TV advert "no tv provider can sell you individual channels" - incorrect?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I used to listen to all that stuff too plus local calls. Interesting to say the least :eek:

I have a scanner here that tunes those frequencies. That used to be some great entertainment!

If your a phone guy like me perhaps you may want to check the next gen stuff at Ettus Research LLC | Home USRP2 I don't have the cash but if i ever do i am ordering some stuff. I really like the idea of making my own nanocell.

Ah I know off topic but I am always off topic I have adhd :)

Perhaps we found where Karl Rove is working after Bush & Cheyney. Rove's system, keep telling the same lie over & over, most people will start to believe it.

Too bad we can't get more news out there than word of mouth. I think lots of people are tired of big programming bills an contracts and would like to downsize. Of course these channels suit us; mom likes cooking and HGTV, History & Nat Geo for me.

dhj said:
Too bad we can't get more news out there than word of mouth. I think lots of people are tired of big programming bills an contracts and would like to downsize. Of course these channels suit us; mom likes cooking and HGTV, History & Nat Geo for me.

I agree, a lot of people have been "hurt" by contracts and as I keep saying "it's just TV", not my house & mortgage!

I agree, a lot of people have been "hurt" by contracts and as I keep saying "it's just TV", not my house & mortgage!

What amazes me the most is how many of "charlie's suckers" think that they have to get DN so they can receive their locals!!!... :eek:

Last edited:
And let's not forget, a lot of our so-called basic channels are PREMIUM channels with DN!

I didn't know that. I guess we do get better pricing than at DN or DTV. But, we don't have sports packages as well as some others.

Iceberg said:

Specifically some of the Discovery, Viacom channels are not available in Basic Packages with DN.

IF you enjoy those channels, you get more bang for your buck with HITS than DN.

Iceberg said:
But most basic channels aren't available on 4DTV so for most people its a moot point.

Very true, I still take umbrage with the commercial!

It's not ONLY because it's DN, it's misleading IMHO - but as was pointed out, show me a truthful commercial LOL!!

nTelos now has a USB data card internet service with NO CONTRACT! You can get a 5GB deal for $40 a month or a 10GB deal for $50 a month. It's my understanding that Virgin Mobile also has a NO contract service and last time I checked, it was UNLIMITED for $40 a month.

You are correct, the only problem with Virgin Mobile is they only offer a few smartphones. If you can live with a Blackberry, it's a real bargain. I had a Virgin "prepaid" plan for several years and it was cheap ( I don't call much ).
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)