DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/2/2008 11:00pm - 2 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 03/08/2008 - 2 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 03/02/2008 10:05P - 03/02/2008 11:00P -

5815 - EPSK2 EchoStar7 119W TP 10 ConUS beam mapdown of 90 removed (NA)
5815 - EPSK2 Echostar12 61.5W TP 13 ConUS beam mapdown of 90 removed (NA)

Channels in the system: 4715
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

At this point, the main purpopse of making those two channels available is to finally get rid of all the whining posts, so we can get back to the satellite hobby...

The problem is when those two channels are turned on people will be whning for two more HD channels.

Its a never ending cycle. :D

The problem is when those two channels are turned on people will be whning for two more HD channels.

Thats probably the case to some extent. It's not like we keep getting new HD channels and cry for more. We got nothing.

I am sure however, there will be people complaining within a short time frame though. I'll be happy with anything worthwhile.

Means they were uneventful moves so Digi is going to put something is place so we dont see these types of changes in the future.
Hmmm, I thought Digi meant that he added SciFiHD and USAHD to the filter. Then we would never see them change. But I have a weird and twisted sense of humor. ;)

Maybe it's just me but I have trouble with the word "whining" as it's something my wife and I try to discourage our kids from doing.

If you mean expressing desire for more HD channels, well that's kind of our job :) but to refer to us as "whining" comes across like something one Dish executive might say to another when referring to us.

I think they staff members here have a deal with E to not put those channels and speed up so we generate more posts and hits on the website. They are paying them off with lower rates, free PPV and movie channels and the new 822 receiver beta tests with 5 TB hard drives that can hold over 1000 hours of HD content with out any watching fees. They are able to see all satellites from any where that the staff members live and get a kick back from D for those members that are switching. :).

It is all a conspiracy.

I was just thinking. When Dish does fire up just one hd channel, all hell will break loose around here.;)

I was just thinking. When Dish does fire up just one hd channel, all hell will break loose around here.;)

Especially since it'll probably be that Fishing HD thing that only shows SD programming. :rolleyes: Pretty much worthless, therefore it must be at the top of E*'s priority list.