DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/22/2008 7:00am - 4 changes

141, 145, and 147 actually switched from 119 to 110. Little more than just a transponder change. This doesnt' matter to people with a Dish 500, but sure does to someone with a dish 300 pointed to only 119.

People like Digi dont get paid to do this.

That's a good point to keep in mind. Digi does a lot here that many would miss if he didn't. Don't blame him if the reports are spare. No need for him to wear an editor's hat. If he started editing there would be more complaints from those who wanted to see the changes regardless of the immediate impact, or lack thereof, because - for lack of a better phrase - many who return daily here to sort through this site are VERY "detail orientated" (and I admit, that includes me).
:)

People who like to watch the women's NCAA tornament on ESPN

Isn't that in the program schedule ?

I don't see anything in a channel moving transponders that implies a specific sport is going to be shown.

Is there a code ? Such as:

If it moves to Tr. 20, then that means women's college basketball
25 means men's college soccer
27 means men's lacrosse
28 means women's college soccer

etc. ??

Would you two please take it to the pit, shut the hell up, or go move to www.twoblitheringidiotsbickering.com

You are just polluting a forum that others use to get information.

Barring a moderator stepping in a person has the right to defend against an erroneous accusation which is all kstuart was doing (at least with his last remark). I may not always agree with him but there's no doubt he contributes much to many threads here.

Granted the bickering is distracting but you may want to direct your frustration more directly at the cause. I'll shut up and move on now.

Last edited:
Would you two please take it to the pit, shut the hell up, or go move to www.twoblitheringidiotsbickering.com

You are just polluting a forum that others use to get information.

Lord, last time I stand up for anyone around here. I was trying to stick up for the staff. All this guy does is complain about the work they do.

Kstuart, continue with your bitter tirades. I can see they're desired. Tip, if you're going to be so hard on the people who give to this community, why not become a pub member at the least (ie, contribute).

Back to the uplink discussion...

Last edited:
You and me both. As an added kick in the groin this morning's game from the Toyko Dome was in HD on ESPN2, which of course was blacked out in the Sox DMA. :mad:
I flipped over to ESPN2 in the top of the 10th and the blackout was lifted. That seems to happen a lot with extra inning games.....

You and me both. As an added kick in the groin this morning's game from the Toyko Dome was in HD on ESPN2, which of course was blacked out in the Sox DMA. :mad:

NESN-HD is showing it on cable in Vermont. I've seen better HD but it's not bad - still better than analog.

I believe the telecast is scheduled for 3 hours and after that time the black out is lifted. I always root for a lot of pitching changes on those games!:D

If you subscribe to the multisports package, this happends on a constant basis.

I think it was on NESNHD right along up here. At least back when I checked and it was 4-4.

That's kind of the point. Game was on NESN-HD which we can't get on DISH. Hopefully "Soon" we will. If it's not on by March 31, I might have to sub to Comcast's $29.99 per mo/ 6 month offer they've been advertising. Can kick em' to the curb when (if?) DISH ever makes NESN-HD available. Comcast's best feature is no commitment. ;)

That's kind of the point. Game was on NESN-HD which we can't get on DISH. Hopefully "Soon" we will.
I meant that it wasn't being blacked out up here in Vt
JayStil said:
If it's not on by March 31, I might have to sub to Comcast's $29.99 per mo/ 6 month offer they've been advertising. Can kick em' to the curb when (if?) DISH ever makes NESN-HD available. Comcast's best feature is no commitment. ;)
I heard Dish might have it soon - real soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts