DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/2/2008 3:10pm - 631 changes

It always comes to that old, tired argument. How come Dish can't do it if Joe Blow inc can. The answer is always the same. No one knows. those who do aren't talking.

Argue to your heart's delight the merits of the reason. The explanation remains the only true explanation. Dish and the local channels cannot come to an equitable agreement REGARDLESS of the other agreements made with other companies. Dish had Indy locals uplinked and ready to go at 118° for MONTHS... they eventually pulled them because they could not come to an agreement with the local channels. It doesn't matter that any other company did come to an agreement... Dish and the locals in Indy couldn't. Same goes for Cincinnati locals... same goes for New Orleans locals.

With a new direction taken when Voom and R1 (E*12) was purchased, all other things were put on hold as the new business plan was taking shape. With the disolution of Sky Angel and the additional transponder purchase, yet another course correction delaying implementation of new local markets and other services.

Accept or reject the monetary issue, the reason remains valid. It is the stations that stopped Dish from carrying the Indy and Cincinnati local market earlier.

But of course I am of the opinion that on PAIN OF DEATH (and loss of broadcast license) a local channel should not be able to charge a cable or satellite company a NICKEL for rebroadcasting the station to within its own market. And, by the same token, a cable system/satellite company must provide the local channels to any subscriber at any level at no additional cost on pain of DEATH and loss of franchise/sat license.

But I'm a radical. :)

See ya
Tony

Thanks for the updated list JohnH. I turned in a request to Rod about TSReader's NIT/SDT parsing bug but I haven't heard anything back yet.

They are definitely doing something weird as I was scanning around in DVBDream last night and noticed it too was picking up the wrong names.

Could you provide details of the "weird" things ?

Newbie here... I was wondering why I wouldn't be able to "see" FOXSS(420) and SPSOUTH(437) in HD on the 5000 range?:confused:

Your post doesn't say where you are from, but:

FOXS (5420) and SPSOU (5437) are part-time channels, not 24-7 channels. When active, they are available to their respective regions via the 129º location only. They are NOT available at 61.5º yet.

Welcome to Satelliteguys

See ya
Tony

Your post doesn't say where you are from, but:

FOXS (5420) and SPSOU (5437) are part-time channels, not 24-7 channels. When active, they are available to their respective regions via the 129º location only. They are NOT available at 61.5º yet.

Welcome to Satelliteguys

See ya
Tony
Tony. Are these 2 channels on 61.5 but they are not MADE available??

A step in the right direction... SCIFI and USAHD are rumored to have the actual video uplinked instead of a slate now. The bitrates aren't flatlined anymore.

Yup I posted shots of the bitrates in TSReader earlier today, but will repost them here for anyone else interested. :)

The audio is in the clear. My wife called me and yelled at me as a loud USA Network commercial was playing from my commercial when I was doing these screen shots. :)

Attachments

• usahd.jpg
    usahd.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 345
  • scifihd.jpg
    scifihd.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 279
Yes look at the pictures, below USA and SCIFI you see the audio which is not scrambled. If you have VLC installed and double click on one of the channels you can hear the audio. :)

The audio is unencrypted on all the HD channels. USAHD and SCIFIHD are definitely up there right now. Hopefully they'll be released to subs on Wednesday.

Yup I posted shots of the bitrates in TSReader earlier today, but will repost them here for anyone else interested. :)

The audio is in the clear. My wife called me and yelled at me as a loud USA Network commercial was playing from my commercial when I was doing these screen shots. :)

lol yea I hate forgetting to turn off my speakers, as I've gotten a call or two from my roomate saying there are noises coming from my room even though I am not home :)

Yeah this will be good news this week and if Dish plans on adding 25 more National HD Channels by end of the summer. That would be like 4-5 National HD Channels a month or every other month or so..

ABC Family Channel HD
AMC (American Movie Classics) HD
BET HD
The Biography Channel HD
Cartoon Network HD
CMT (Country Music Channel) HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
ESPN News HD
HBO2 HD
IFC (Independent Film Channel) HD
MGM HD