DishNOW! System "upgrade" ?!?!?

tricky0ff

Apr 14, 2009
Elko, NV
Thanks to this forum, I bought a DishNOW! system a couple of months ago and have loved it until now. We had to go out of town a couple of weeks ago and decided we'd just let our days run out and add more days when we returned from our vacation. I have a green dot moneypak that still has money on it (although I'm not sure how much and haven't been able to find a way to check the balance on them, does anyone know how?) so I've been calling for over a week to try to get days added. After I get the moneypak number in and the receiver number in, it will automatically transfer me to a csr. The first few days, I just hung up at that point. The next time, I went ahead and spoke to the csr who told me they were doing a system upgrade and it would be back up in 24 hours. I tried a few more times and the same thing. Last night I finally tried to talk to a csr after reading on this forum that some of you have been able to get the csr to help you. The guy told me that I needed a new smart card. I told him I just bought the system and I didn't think that I did. Sure enough, he checked my rec. # and I don't need one. Then he took my moneypak number and said he'd try it and when he came back, he said he couldn't get the system to work for him either but that I should keep trying. I tried a few more times and nothing. So I called this morning and talked to a csr who told me that it was because they needed to put me in the system. She took my name and address and said that I should be good to go but then she tried it herself and again, nothing. I'm really frustrated with this. I understand this is kind of a common issue with dish but what is the longest anyone has gone on dealing with this crap? Next time, I'm putting as much time on as I can to avoid this problem in the future. I'm still getting shopping networks and DIY and some Chinese channel. Is that normal? Those channels are just not cutting it for me, or my kids. :(

What color smartcard do you have? The yellow card (old - will be outdated shortly) or the purple card (new - needed for the new encryption scheme). Also, you have spoke to some ignorant CSRs concerning Dish Now. As for the amount on a Green Dot Card, I listen to how many days I can get for the programming I'm ordering and figure it out that way.

Dish's system is definitely having problems. They have tried multiple times to activate the new smartcard they sent me, but haven't been able to do it. The answers vary from "I need to email another department" to "just call back in a couple of hours", but regardless they can't make it work.

The CSRes might not know what is really happening, but there is a real defect in their system, and hopefully they work it out prior to the final cutoff in May.

Installation Planning

FSN HD shananigins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts