DishONLINE Email

They fixed the cert part, sorta.. It works in Firefox now but gives me a message to let me know the cert isn't necessarily trusted.. That's an upgrade from before where it called ir corrupted.

Seriously, IE7 was a forced "critical update" for most people 12 months ago....

NO it wasn't... it never forced me on many of my windows systems... also it's not good business forcing people to use IE with the competition building better browsers and with higher usage rates of non IE browsers growing.

I had no problems with a Mac running OS 10.4.9 and Safari 2.0.4.

Are you sure about NO problems: so far (besides the arguable lack of overall function for the site) the login and password bars as well as the login button graphic are misaligned/broken and don't allow for easy / proper usage and the security certificate is invalid so it complains... though it does *function* to allow you to login.

Are you sure about NO problems: so far (besides the arguable lack of overall function for the site) the login and password bars as well as the login button graphic are misaligned/broken and don't allow for easy / proper usage and the security certificate is invalid so it complains... though it does *function* to allow you to login.

Well, no problems getting the username & password verified, and login is easy enough. Design deficiencies are a different matter.

NO it wasn't... it never forced me on many of my windows systems... also it's not good business forcing people to use IE with the competition building better browsers and with higher usage rates of non IE browsers growing.

It wasn't forced, but it was a critical update. So for anyone with automatic updates turned on, you could say it was forced.

Looks like someone did just a little work on the dish online site (Dish Online). I just signed on a few minutes ago (after re-registering earlier this week) and it now pulls up guide data for my time zone. I'm on the East Coast in EDT, and it used to alway pull up PDT (even earlier this week).

Also the Coming Soon graphic discussing remote programming of your DVR no longer shows "Coming this Spring".

The annoying video on the right still auto-starts. You can hover over the video and stop it, but as soon as you change to a different page, it restarts again with a new video.

The informational popups on the guide display that show additional information about the program your pointer is hovering over are a pain because they block the text on the guide.

The site still looks like a work in progress (very early in progress)

Got my activation confirmation e-mail, but when attempting to add my DNA number, the verification fails due to a "system timeout".

I got a response to my e-mail to the DISH online folks, and they went ahead and attached my DNA for me, and are investigating. I was surprised and very pleased with the quick turnaround on my request. :)

If you have any problems just email customer support from the top of the page and it should be fixed in about a half hour or so i did and andrew fixed my signup problem in about 15 mins.

I just re-signed up for Dish Online and the place to enter my DNA number was greyed out. It was accessible through the user preferences menu so I can go back and enter it later once they have re-activated the feature. Perhaps they have it blocked because of the ZIP code I entered - currently not in an area with the enhanced features.

I just re-signed up for Dish Online and the place to enter my DNA number was greyed out. It was accessible through the user preferences menu so I can go back and enter it later once they have re-activated the feature. Perhaps they have it blocked because of the ZIP code I entered - currently not in an area with the enhanced features.

Click on the "Enter and Verify" button. It will open a popup to enter the account number.

I emailed them my account number - it kept timing out.

The "My Account" tab is blocked at work due to:
"The Content Category: Streaming Media/MP3s"

oh well, no scheduling from work for me. :(

Where's the "Enter and Verify" button? I can't find it.

Are you using Firefox or IE7? I usually always use Firefox but I noticed the "My Account" page looked kind of funny, so I went to it in IE7 and the page looked pretty much completely different, including the "Enter and Verify" button that showed up.

Yep. Went to IE6 & it's WAY different. And WAY slow. Simply not completing the verification process. So I guess I won't be programming my ViP622 remotely or ordering pizza anytime soon.

Can ATT|Dish people use the Dish Online stuff as well since our account numbers are setup different than straight Dish users?

What HDD in the 722?

How's local channels fed into Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts