Dishstore

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
I just ordered something and I wanted to know where my items will be shipped from and when I clicked on Contact Us, I got this:

HTTP Status 404 - /net/dishpro/contact_us.jsp

type Status report

message /net/dishpro/contact_us.jsp

description The requested resource (/net/dishpro/contact_us.jsp) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.9

n0qcu said:
Dishstore ships from Detoit, MI.

Thank you. Well, I guess then 3 days or even Ground should have been OK enough but I alsready ordered with 2nd Day to get my 6000U adapter here Friday latest... anyway, thanks for the info.

I live in Louisville, KY and placed an order right before Thanksgiving and selected the UPS Ground option since the map showed that I was in the 2 day delivery area. The shipment went from Detroit to Chicago, sit in the warehouse in Chicago for 4 days, got shipped to Lexington, KY (probably went through Louisville on its way) and I received it about 8 days after it shipped. Apparently, UPS needs to upgrade its shortest route software.

rturnmire said:
I live in Louisville, KY and placed an order right before Thanksgiving and selected the UPS Ground option since the map showed that I was in the 2 day delivery area. The shipment went from Detroit to Chicago, sit in the warehouse in Chicago for 4 days, got shipped to Lexington, KY (probably went through Louisville on its way) and I received it about 8 days after it shipped. Apparently, UPS needs to upgrade its shortest route software.

No, during peak season, all guarantees regarding delivery time/date get suspended with ground startin anout dec12-17 range, and then the closer to xmas it gets 3day around the 19 2day around the 21 and next day around the 22, again, aprox.

Aditionaly with it orig. in detroit, and not being an air service package the chicago hub was the nearest regional hub in line to u. if it was 2day or 1 day, then maybe it would of came straight to lex,ky wich is home to worldhub the major center of all ups air ops. if you had used fedex, then it would of came straight to memphis,tn which is their main hub for all non fedex ground shipments. needless to say, during december 12-28 throw any hops of getting a package via ground in any reasonable time frame. i think only DHL is a company that actualy trys its hardest, i routenly send things from ohio to nyc and use their 2day service, and its never taken that long, normaly delivered next day between 9-11am, which is a serivce i could request, but for some reason get that level of speed despite the fact.

I like DHL but I prefer UPS - they are just more precise, nicer people around here, I use them all the time.

T2k said:
I like DHL but I prefer UPS - they are just more precise, nicer people around here, I use them all the time.
For this area, DHL sucks big-time. USPS, FedEx, and UPS have NO problem delivering per schedule, but DHL simply can NOT. They say 2-day really means 3, and they only make THAT half the time.

My most recent experience with them was trying to get Vonage. 2-day (that I paid extra for) became a week - I cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDA Mode NOW AVAILABLE!

A note about Avatars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)