Disney drops 2.4 million streaming subs

For which ones exactly ?
Disney bundle on verizon cell phones, peacock for cable subs, paramount plus is free on t mobile...not to mention they all allow you to share with family..then we have netflix..which actually charges people and makes a profit

Disney bundle on verizon cell phones, peacock for cable subs, paramount plus is free on t mobile...not to mention they all allow you to share with family..then we have netflix..which actually charges people and makes a profit
So again, do you have prove that being part of a Cell Phone plan is the reason why there is a surge in subscribers for streaming services.

Freebies from cell phone contracts and such
Nope, wrong again-

T-Mobile added 1.4 million in the 4th quarter, Paramount+ added over 9 million, over 7 million alone in the United States in the same quarter.

For the year, 2022, T-Mobile added 6.4 Million ( and not all plans include P+), Paramount+ added over 16 million subs in 2022. ( 40 million to 56 million in 2022).

You really need to start using Google before you post more misleading information .

Reactions: Mr Tony
If that is so, how do you explain rising subscribers on most each time it's reported?
Freebies, give aways, discounts.

The next dollar these outfits make will be dollar one.

It is not a profitable business model. Really that simple.

And, at the end of the day, the consumer is the one that loses.

Freebies, give aways, discounts.

The next dollar these outfits make will be dollar one.

It is not a profitable business model. Really that simple.
Again, ignoring Netflix and now Discovery+, Paramount and Disney expecting next year, Peacock I still have doubts, Warner/Discovery I have even more doubts.
Who is losing, there is so much good/great content out there, I am still trying to catch up on some shows that came out in 2021.

Plus in a lot better quality and less expensive then Traditional Live TV.

Who would of thought just a few years ago that every NFL game will be streaming this upcoming season on the services.

Plus the added benefit of MLB, NHL and this season a lot of College Football.

Next for fans of the NBA, it is a pretty forgone conclusion the Traditional TV will not be able to afford it, the NBA wishes to get double for the rights then what they last received.

I strongly believe it will end up on Apple.

Again, ignoring Netflix and now Discovery+, Paramount and Disney expecting next year, Peacock I still have doubts, Warner/Discovery I have even more doubts.

Who is losing, there is so much good/great content out there, I am still trying to catch up on some shows that came out in 2021.

Who would of thought just a few years ago that every NFL game will be streaming this upcoming season on the services.

Next for fans of the NBA, it is a pretty forgone conclusion the Traditional TV will not be able to afford it, the NBA wishes to get double for the rights then what they last received.

Im expecting to be a millionaire next year..let us know when they actually make money..
Netflix has peaked in North America and has begun to decline..Yes we know they added 7 million subs in timbucktoo at pennies a subscription but they lost a million north american subs in the 4th quarter alone

Reactions: SamCdbs
Isn't that always the case? I was certainly losing when I had Dish and Directv. At least with streaming, I have a lot more control and flexibility about what I am buying, even if I might be paying a little more (which I haven't yet).

Reactions: Mr Tony
Im expecting to be a millionaire next year..let us know when they actually make money..
Netflix has peaked in North America and has begun to decline..Yes we know they added 7 million subs in timbucktoo at pennies a subscription but they lost a million north american subs in the 4th quarter alone
You have been predicting the death of Netflix, Amazon, NFL, certain streaming services, etc.

Have you ever been correct?

Netflix went down 920,000 in North America in Q4, yet for the year, gained 9 million, only you would say that was bad.

And if you want to be a Millionaire, should have bought Netflix stock when it was $80 (during the Quickster debacle) and before the 7 way split, I bought 500 shares then.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Isn't that always the case? I was certainly losing when I had Dish and Directv. At least with streaming, I have a lot more control and flexibility about what I am buying, even if I might be paying a little more (which I haven't yet).
Do you really? Don't you really just want to pay for the shows you watch and enjoy?

You have been predicting the death of Netflix, Amazon, NFL, certain streaming services, etc.

Have you ever been correct?

Netflix went down 920,000 in North America in Q4, yet for the year, gained 9 million, only you would say that was bad.

And if you want to be a Millionaire, should have bought Netflix stock when it was $80 (during the Quickster debacle) and before the 7 way split, I bought 500 shares then.
You really shouldn't say much when you predict 8 million subs for Sunday ticket...amazon TNF?..let the ratings soeak for themselves..yes I did post a link where Jeff Bezos predicted a 30 year life span for amazon

• Haha
Reactions: SamCdbs
Gave you a link about Discovery/HBO. Money losing outfit.

And this "oh, they have a plan to make money in 20__." is just so silly. Nothing is going to change. The people that want it, have it. That simple.
You mean reruns. Yes, streaming is mostly reruns.

But, the amount of content has peaked. They simply cannot make money. Eventually it goes away. Enjoy the Green Acres reruns.
Really? In this brave new streaming world, eight or ten or twelve bills. Just to get the same content that used to be in the bundle.

Actually less.

Think about live sports. Under the bundle, 99% of baseball, hockey, and basketball games were produced. Available, in market and out of market. Now the RSN is dying. And, those games simply won't be covered any longer.

Yes, baseball says its going to produce the games, but that just a short term deal. This year at best. Under steaming, there simply are not enough customers for it, or any other one single thing. The content is going away. And is just the first of much content that is going away. No one thing has enough fans to be produced.

TV in 10 years is going to look a lot more like Pluto than Netflix. Reruns. Reruns. And more reruns.
They have been available to people willing to pay for them for 40 years.

And, IF actually sold ALC, the price will be outrageous.
Explained above. All just RSN material, paid for by the in market fans, sold as gravy to gamblers and displaced fans, which won't be produced in the first place now. Congratulations.

Could not care less about the NBA. The ratings say I'm in the vast majority. Sound like the kind of dumb deal Apple would make. Similar to its MLS and MLB failures.

Amazon article is from Nov 2018
Thats when Bezos made the prediction..you do know they are now closing warehouses and getting rid of some of bezos pet projects...not failing by any measure but cutting back and laying off..

Gave you a link about Discovery/HBO. Money losing outfit.
And I gave you a more recent link that confirmed whit I wrote…Discovery+ i profitable.
And this "oh, they have a plan to make money in 20__." is just so silly. Nothing is going to change. The people that want it, have it. That simple.
You keep posting that without acknowledging the subscriber gains they have every quarter.
You mean reruns. Yes, streaming is mostly reruns.
The majority of programming on Live TV are reruns.
But, the amount of content has peaked. They simply cannot make money. Eventually it goes away. Enjoy the Green Acres reruns.
Again, the majority of programming on Live TV is reruns, but the plus with Streaming Services I can select what to watch, which is never reruns.
Really? In this brave new streaming world, eight or ten or twelve bills. Just to get the same content that used to be in the bundle.
I do not want the same content, I am tired of paying per sub fees for content I will never watch.
Think about live sports. Under the bundle, 99% of baseball, hockey, and basketball games were produced. Available, in market and out of market. Now the RSN is dying. And, those games simply won't be covered any longer.

Yes, baseball says it’s going to produce the games, but that just a short term deal. This year at best. Under steaming, there simply are not enough customers for it, or any other one single thing. The content is going away. And is just the first of much content that is going away. No one thing has enough fans to be produced.
The way Baseball will be carried will change, just like Television Programming has changed.
TV in 10 years is going to look a lot more like Pluto than Netflix. Reruns. Reruns. And more reruns.
Again, sounds like regular TV.

If you are so against change, maybe we should go back to the old days of antennas.
Explained above. All just RSN material, paid for by the in market fans, sold as gravy to gamblers and displaced fans, which won't be produced in the first place now. Congratulations.
They will be produced, not worried.
Could not care less about the NBA. The ratings say I'm in the vast majority. Sound like the kind of dumb deal Apple would make. Similar to its MLS and MLB failures.
Not everyone watches the same thing, I care nothing about Basketball, but there some that do.

Thats when Bezos made the prediction..you do know they are now closing warehouses and getting rid of some of bezos pet projects...not failing by any measure but cutting back and laying off..
Most companies are cutting back, Amazon is not the only one and does not mean they are about to go out of business.

Since they old link you posted ( strange habit you have doing that), Amazon has expanded in other areas, buying MGM for one example.

Most companies are cutting back, Amazon is not the only one and does not mean they are about to go out of business.

Since they old link you posted ( strange habit you have doing that), Amazon has expanded in other areas, buying MGM for one example.
I only quoted what Bezos said..its his company...no worries..we still have a couple years until Amazon's 30 year anniversary

Once again more hot air from our know it all. I don't know how you have time to watch tv with all the posting you do on a daily basis. Hopefully your ISP never goes down or you will go into posting withdrawal!.