Disney/Hulu News

You guys need to get a room. :)
I was just about to post that, at least in a sense. I was going to say, it seems like the disagreement about streaming vs. traditional linear content delivery needs one specific thread about it, and that is it. The same arguments that are happening in several unrelated threads throughout this forum are repetitive and getting old IMHO. If a minority of people want to "argue online with strangers," as my wife puts it, why not to it all in one place?

Reactions: klang and Jimbo
Maybe we need a new "war zone". lol

Personally, I dont care who posts what. It is a forum for doing just that. Could some threads be consolidated? Sure, as could many in the other sections. To me, that is not a big deal, and I can not see staff ever saying quit posting topics, especially when they are in the proper section.

Its the personal issues that will get staff to step in, and to a person, I dont think any of us wants to do that.

I was just about to post that, at least in a sense. I was going to say, it seems like the disagreement about streaming vs. traditional linear content delivery needs one specific thread about it, and that is it. The same arguments that are happening in several unrelated threads throughout this forum are repetitive and getting old IMHO. If a minority of people want to "argue online with strangers," as my wife puts it, why not to it all in one place?
Except the threads are different subjects, this is the Hulu/Disney thread, makes no sense to put this content in the Traditional Providers Loss Thread.

But yet the same 3 people keep coming into the threads, post misinformation then take it personal when I post the correct info, then keep reporting me to the mods.

I remember the old DirecTV vs Dish part of this forum, it always went personal, does not work.

Again, I am up for a debate, I have never made it personal.

• Wow
Reactions: Jimbo
Except the threads are different subjects, this is the Hulu/Disney thread, makes no sense to put this content in the Traditional Providers Loss Thread.

But yet the same 3 people keep coming into the threads, post misinformation then take it personal when I post the correct info, then keep reporting me to the mods.

I remember the old DirecTV vs Dish part of this forum, it always went personal, does not work.

Again, I am up for a debate, I have never made it personal.
They may start about different subjects, but they don't stay that way, which was my point. Nothing personal towards you or anyone else, but it does seem like the same argument in multiple threads breaks out with regularity.

So, based on what you just wrote, you have a problem when you are incorrect and with me posting the correct information ( with links) , so I should keep letting you post what is wrong so to keep you from getting upset?

I mean, I could respond to every one of your posts that is hilarious as you take it / make it personal, but that's what the reactions are for.

If someone's wrong then prove them wrong, instead you follow the same pattern in every thread.
I shouldn't have too.

A lot to unpack here, but this stood out to me:

"The service had about 48 million subscribers as of April and is one of the few streaming services to generate a profit in the past few years."

A lot to unpack here, but this stood out to me:

"The service had about 48 million subscribers as of April and is one of the few streaming services to generate a profit in the past few years."
Yeah, I posted that before here, along with Discovery+, HBOMAX (at the time) and of course Netflix now being profitable, does not matter to a couple of people posting here.

Yeah, I posted that before here, along with Discovery+, HBOMAX (at the time) and of course Netflix now being profitable
Sounds like it has been for a while but everyone at Disney and on the Street were just focused on Disney+ losing money.

FWIW: Bob Iger was on the Apple WWDC keynote stating Disney+ will be on Apple's new AR/VR headset computer from day 1.

This doesn't excite me, but others may be interested.

FWIW: Bob Iger was on the Apple WWDC keynote stating Disney+ will be on Apple's new AR/VR headset computer from day 1.

This doesn't excite me, but others may be interested.
I have the oculus, tried to use it, my Labs did not like me wearing it, I was on the couch, next thing I know they basically just jumped on me, course I could not see it coming, quite the surprise from two 90lbs dogs.

It is in a closet now.

Reactions: ncted
I have the oculus, tried to use it, my Labs did not like me wearing it, I was on the couch, next thing I know they basically just jumped on me, course I could not see it coming, quite the surprise from two 90lbs dogs.

It is in a closet now.
You would at least see them coming with the Apple headset as it is AR. You see your surroundings. Pretty cool tech TBH, but the price is high -- probably because it has a full computer integrated in.

Maybe for gaming otherwise this thing is gimmicky. No one is going to sit on a Teams call wearing this stupid thing. A lot of people will buy it, claim it's the greatest thing ever and then it'll end up sitting in a drawer.

You would at least see them coming with the Apple headset as it is AR. You see your surroundings. Pretty cool tech TBH, but the price is high -- probably because it has a full computer integrated in.
At $3499, I rather not wear one and can see them coming.

Reactions: Bobby
Another price hike coming to both Disney+ and Hulu.

Disney is set to introduce yet another price hike for all of its streaming services. During Disney's quarterly earnings call on Wednesday, CEO Bob Iger announced a major streaming price hike set for October 12th, affecting both Disney+ and Hulu's ad-free options. The ad-free Disney+ option, which was just $7.99 not too long ago, will see its second price hike on October 12th, taking the monthly subscription to $13.99. That's up $3 from its current price.

Hulu's ad-free tier will also be going up by $3 each month, moving from $14.99 to $17.99. This new price hike will see Hulu and Disney+ cost a total of $32 each month if you subscribe separately, but Disney is going all-in on the bundle option by offering a steep discount. If you bundle just Hulu and Disney+ together, starting October 12th, it will cost $19.99 per month.

Another price hike coming to both Disney+ and Hulu.

Disney is set to introduce yet another price hike for all of its streaming services. During Disney's quarterly earnings call on Wednesday, CEO Bob Iger announced a major streaming price hike set for October 12th, affecting both Disney+ and Hulu's ad-free options. The ad-free Disney+ option, which was just $7.99 not too long ago, will see its second price hike on October 12th, taking the monthly subscription to $13.99. That's up $3 from its current price.

Hulu's ad-free tier will also be going up by $3 each month, moving from $14.99 to $17.99. This new price hike will see Hulu and Disney+ cost a total of $32 each month if you subscribe separately, but Disney is going all-in on the bundle option by offering a steep discount. If you bundle just Hulu and Disney+ together, starting October 12th, it will cost $19.99 per month.
If you bundle all three, only $5 more, which is what I have.

If you bundle all three, only $5 more, which is what I have.
Nah...I don't watch ESPN. I might go with the 2 bundle for $19.99. I'm waiting to see what happens with my annual plan for Disney+. Currently, it says it will renew in November for $79.99. If it goes up, I'll just do month to month as needed.

Reactions: zippyfrog
Nah...I don't watch ESPN. I might go with the 2 bundle for $19.99. I'm waiting to see what happens with my annual plan for Disney+. Currently, it says it will renew in November for $79.99. If it goes up, I just do month to month as needed.
I have ESPN+ - not because I wanted the streaming, but because I was an "ESPN Insider" back in the day before Disney merged the two together. My previous bill was $79.95 for 2 years - so the last 2 year cycle of ESPN+ has been an incredible deal. This past month was the first time I am now being charged the standard ESPN+ rate of $99.99 a year. I have already have it set to cancel next year because the price is way out there. I am going to miss reading the exclusive articles, which is the reason I had ESPN Insider. I don't care about the streaming aspect, other than it was nice to watch NFL Primetime Sunday nights. I might do month to month for the 4ish months of NFL season if I want to continue to watch NFL Primetime.

Here you go-

IMG_0968.png

I'm still way ahead of the game from when I subbed to Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, all without ads individually.