Disney Junior HD????

jasrx316

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 26, 2011
Thinking about switching back to DISH. Can anybody confirm with the Disney dispute over will there be Disney Junior in HD anytime soon??? Also will DISH carry PBS Sprout channel???

Thanks for your comments....

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 18, 2008
welcome to satguys i would ask scott on here he knows more than i know about the disney deal

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I do not see Disney Junior coming in HD. Although if you have an Apple TV or Roku box you can use your DISH login to watch in HD on those devices.

The only one I am expecting (but have not heard anything about lately) is Disney XD. I know a lot of people want that for the Star Wars specials they have coming up.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
And to answer the other part of the question, I have heard exactly zero rumors on any forum regarding Dish carrying PBS Sprout. If they don't do anything pretty soon, my youngest daughter won't even care. She already thinks movies involving princesses are for little girls. :sorrow

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
And to answer the other part of the question, I have heard exactly zero rumors on any forum regarding Dish carrying PBS Sprout. If they don't do anything pretty soon, my youngest daughter won't even care. She already thinks movies involving princesses are for little girls. :sorrow

How old is she? Because my soon to be 9 year old still loves those princesses. :)

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
My daughter is too old for Disney princess movies, but not too old for My Little Pony. Go figure.

jasrx316

Nov 26, 2011
We used to have DISH but switched because of our children ages 3 and 1 and they offered more children's programming at the time. I would love to switch back but they don't have Disney Jr. in HD or the sprout channel.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
How old is she? Because my soon to be 9 year old still loves those princesses. :)

She just turned 10. :D I am very proud of her, but gosh darn it, I really enjoyed watching all those princess movies with her when she was younger.
My daughter is too old for Disney princess movies, but not too old for My Little Pony. Go figure.

By golly same here! Inexplicable, it is. How old is your daughter?

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
She just turned 10. :D I am very proud of her, but gosh darn it, I really enjoyed watching all those princess movies when she was younger.

By golly same here! Inexplicable, it is. How old is your daughter?

LOL I know what you mean.

Reactions: TheKrell

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I don't see Sprout coming anytime soon. It is now owned by Comcast / NBC Universal. Now sure when the NBC Universal contracts come up again, but wouldnt expect to see it until those talks happen.

In researching this, I did not realize that PBS had nothing to do with the channel anymore.

Reactions: TheKrell

jasrx316

Nov 26, 2011
Did not realize that Sprout is owned by NBC Universal. Well if they would just have Disney Jr in HD that would be okay without Sprout.

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
The kids that watch Disney Jr I don't think care about hd or sd. Great way to save Alil money and bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts