dn<superdish>

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftasupport

Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
north carolina
hi guys,

im new to the site and have some questions about the superdish, first off im true fta only using coolsat 5k and 6k also running viewsat ultra, pansat 2700 and sonicview360e. dish is wg76cm with ku universal lnb, or so i think.

anyway, i have my fta system all hooked up and no problems, however i ran across a superdish and heard that it would work for tfta, i know you guys get nailed when the word superdish is brought up. i realize the lnb is fss stacked and a bit more complicated to use. i would like to know if you guys would take the time with me to maybe get this thing receiving g10r. my wineguard dish was so easy to setup, i basicly mounted and swung the dish left to right and found ia5 which i cannot understand anything but ebrutv. i tried the same setup for my sd by swinging it around and nothing at all was my results, i think i need a good tp and lnb freq to get me started... i think. lol. right now the coolsat 6k is hooked up with the dish. i need help big time fellas..
oh yeah im aligning the dish by the signal meter on the coolsat and basicly paying attention to tone changes of course.

thanks

A few questions:

1. Is this the 105 or 121 Superdish?

2. Did you leave the LNBs as originally mounted or do you only have the FSS LNBF centered?

3. Is your receiver set up to handle a bandstacked LNB?

anyway, i have my fta system all hooked up and no problems, however i ran across a superdish and heard that it would work for tfta, i know you guys get nailed when the word superdish is brought up.
I dont understand what you mean by that. Lots of folks on the board here use Superdishes for KU Band

i realize the lnb is fss stacked and a bit more complicated to use. i would like to know if you guys would take the time with me to maybe get this thing receiving g10r.
The SD will work fine for G18 123W. Use the FSS LNB which is the LNB that is right on the arm of the dish. Not the outside ones. Setup is
SINGLE
LNB Freq 10750
The LNB is bandstacked so it stacks the H transponders higher than the V but since most of the stuff on G18 is V you should be fine. Use 11800 V 26660 (freq, pol, s/r) transponder

oh yeah im aligning the dish by the signal meter on the coolsat and basicly paying attention to tone changes of course.

wasnt aware the Coolsat had a tone meter. I know my 5000 doesn't

i am using the 105 , using the fss lnb straight down the square tubing, but i will try the freq you guys provided. i know the other lnbs will not work with true fta being that they are circular . just seems hard to find a signal with this setup for some reason, the wg76cm or guess i should say my 30 incher with a universal ku lnb was alot easier to find a signal for some reason, and no the fss lnb was not turned by the adjustable collar. thanks guys for the help.

Last edited:
you will need to skew the dish to the proper skew to get G18 to come in

check thelist at the top. Put in your zip or city/state and it says what to skew the dish

the reason i said that, on other sites i try to get help from, there responce is, oh no not another sd question. i like to read up and research stuff before i jump in and start asking for help, i kinda like to figure ou things by myself. but in some cases the only way to learn is to ask questions

i dont know the lo freq, im just guessing with this, can u tell me what i should enter in on my sat settings, 5150, i think but dont quote me.

You should blind scan using vertical only, or you'll get duplicate channels. L.O. as Iceberg said is 10750. Your horizontal TPs will scan in at a frequency range above the verticals. The stacked FSS LNB on a Superdish works fine... I use one on my 1 meter Channel Master aimed at 123w (soon to be moved to 125w)...

I have several SD's in my array, and have modified them for standard (40mm) lnb's. They seem to have more "punch" than the stock FSS. Got the lnb holders off fleabay. total cost per mod ~$15.

Attachments

• SD-121 Mod1.JPG
    SD-121 Mod1.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 174
  • SD-121 Mod2.JPG
    SD-121 Mod2.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 155
The nice thing about the superdish is that it's made for multiple LNBFs. Built ruggedly and best of all, can be found for free. Be creative in design and post the photos.

Mine came with a big switch attached that could be nicely recycled if it supported it by the FTA receiver's software.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)