Do all HR44's have ths same caller ID problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LogHome

Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
USA
My HR44's caller ID gets flooded with unavailable calls every time we are on the phone.
Been doing this for the past year or so. Called DirecTV and they say they have never heard of this problem and will send me a new HR44.

I tried to get them to send an HR54 but they said NO.

Do all HR44's have this caller ID problem?

Thanks.

My HR44's caller ID gets flooded with unavailable calls every time we are on the phone.
Been doing this for the past year or so. Called DirecTV and they say they have never heard of this problem and will send me a new HR44.

Thanks.
Never heard of this problem, please explain further.

I've had a HR44 for quite some time now and never had an issue with the Caller Id working.

Thanks.
I finally turned caller ID off, it drove me nuts! Here is the issue, you get a phone call, or make a phone call, and the caller ID message comes onto the screen every 15 seconds or so. Once the message appears, you have to hit the select button on the remote to clear it, or you get stuck looking at the caller ID message on your screen. My HR34 didn't have this issue, but once I received the HR44, it started.

What jwolf said^^

Wondering if all HR44's do this? DirecTV is going to ship me a new one but I hate to loose all our recordings for nothing.

I finally turned caller ID off, it drove me nuts! Here is the issue, you get a phone call, or make a phone call, and the caller ID message comes onto the screen every 15 seconds or so. Once the message appears, you have to hit the select button on the remote to clear it, or you get stuck looking at the caller ID message on your screen. My HR34 didn't have this issue, but once I received the HR44, it started.
Never have had that issue with mine, yet.

What jwolf said^^

Wondering if all HR44's do this? DirecTV is going to ship me a new one but I hate to loose all our recordings for nothing.
Does this do it consistently ?

If so, hook up the new one and leave the other one hooked up as well, hook the phone line up to both if ya want, call it and see what happens.
If it doesn't follow to the new one, watch your recordings and send it back.
If it happens on the new one to then keep the one with the Recordings on it.

That said, I can't imagine anything on the Phone Company side that would cause this type of thing, I have never seen this happen before in my 25 years of service work.

Just so everyone knows directv has officially stopped supporting caller id, and will shut down the service entirely by the end of the year if not sooner, we just received word on a 54 conference call that csrs are now being up trained to educate customers that we will not be able to service this issue any longer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just so everyone knows directv has officially stopped supporting caller id, and will shut down the service entirely by the end of the year if not sooner, we just received word on a 54 conference call that csrs are now being up trained to educate customers that we will not be able to service this issue any longer

Why ?
To much work for them ?
Sheeesh, something that actually gets used by people, instead they worry about minor stuff people never use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tampa8
HR44-200's did have a known issue with Caller ID fyi. the -500 and -700 should work normally unless the unit is damaged internally.

Because the service was run 3rd party and statistically not enough people still have home phones

That depends. Does the D receiver work with VOIP phones? If so a very large percentage of households still have home phones just not the traditional ones. My DISH receiver does, as does my In-Laws Brighthouse receiver.

Because the service was run 3rd party and statistically not enough people still have home phones

3rd party ?
ATT Owns them now, so ATT should still be able to offer it.
You have to have the service activated on your phone line already for it to work anyhow ...

I don't see where a 3rd party would be involved at all, all it is is a piece of software.

DirecTV is going to ship me a replacement for our HR44 genie. What's the chance we will receive an HR54?

Does this do it consistently ?

If so, hook up the new one and leave the other one hooked up as well, hook the phone line up to both if ya want, call it and see what happens.
If it doesn't follow to the new one, watch your recordings and send it back.
If it happens on the new one to then keep the one with the Recordings on it.

That said, I can't imagine anything on the Phone Company side that would cause this type of thing, I have never seen this happen before in my 25 years of service work.
The new receiver will probably have the same issue. The phone company is sending signals the HR44 does not handle correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.