Do D* installers have soffit mounts? Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abooch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
with them on the truck for a slimline? and what about stainless steel screws to mount it. My dad is very picky with this. He does not want the dish on the roof, and wants stainless steel screws and bolts and such. I also purchased a SWM LNB cause he does not want anymore holes drilled into the house. All the prior cable in the house is all pretty new RG6 and everything is accessible. If the installer won't install using the SWM LNB than we wont be getting it. I dont see why he wouldn't as it would make he job easier? Maybe he would not know how to install it? I mean a monkey could probably do it right, i know i can? any advice or anything to make sure my D* install can get done under those conditions..Oh and I live in New Jersey dont know if that helps Thanks..

Last edited:
"With them on the truck?" I would bet not.

I would do you own site survey, buy the eave mount yourself and either install it yourself or pay to have it done; as I would not bet to high on the installer being willing to doing that for free either.

As far as the cable being "pretty"; that's nice, but does it me spec? Likely so. Are SWMs standard installs yet?

I've only seen threads about people modifying dishes with the new SWM LNB. I think the correct SMW LNB bolts right into the new Slimline dish with no problems. I still thought they were hard to find though.

As good as my last installer was, he didn't want to touch anything related to SWM or VOD. He did come back to help we with re-routing my 4-cable run from the dish to my attic. I basically did the rest of the configuring. He still chuckles at my Slimline mounted directly into the chimney mortar.

"With them on the truck?" I would bet not.

I would do you own site survey, buy the eave mount yourself and either install it yourself or pay to have it done; as I would not bet to high on the installer being willing to doing that for free either.

As far as the cable being "pretty"; that's nice, but does it me spec? Likely so. Are SWMs standard installs yet?

SWM Lnb's are in my area. I install them on everything. One box HD install, 2 box Hd installs. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)