Do I need a new switch???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hopefully everything works well at Christmas. If you end up having any problems with a particular receiver I would target that RG59 first, especially if any are longer runs. Good chance it will work fine though.

Thanks guys. My kids will be very happy. They were not happy at all today when I told them the installer was here today to install a new DVR in my room!

I have a roll of RG6 so if the RG59 doesn't work I will call my contractor, and we will get it up there somehow. Where there is a will there is a way. My daughter really wants it so I will get it done!

Once again thank all of you for the posts. I like this forum!!!!!

Merry Christmas Guys!

Well the big day has arrived. My kids got their DVR's this morning. I went outside and unhooked their RG6 and RG59 cables from the Comcast splitter and hooked them up to the SWM system.

I took them DVR's upstairs and BAMM. They both worked like a charm! I am going to keep my eye on the RG59, but so far so good.

Thank you to all of you for your help and advice!

be sure to run any questions or problems by us here first, it seems like the tech kinda went out of his way and bent some rules in your favor to keep the christmas suprise, we dont want him getting chargebacks because he didnt see stuff working. (although hopefully it wont even come to that.) My other opinion is from your description the fish to change the 59 to 6 would be more costly to a d*tech than worth the effort. I believe your better off having a professional contractor do the work, not all of us are good at these things, and with both d* and comcast, wallfishes are optional, we dont HAVE to do them if we dont believe we are skilled enough to complete the job satisfactory or if it doesnt seem feasible/possible.

Thanks for the reply twizt3dkitty. I kind of guessed that the tech was supposed to actually make sure the receivers were working in the actual rooms they were destined for before he left. He was very accommodating with the Christmas deal,and I was very generous towards him in the form of "lunch money", but that is also probably something that wasn't supposed to happen either!

I have already decided that if I have a problem with the RG59 that I will be calling my contractor for help.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts