Do I Really Want This Job With AEI?

Pa|2a|)oX

Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
Wisconsin
Hi! New guy from Wisconsin here.

I just had a friendly conversation with someone from the HR department of AEI Dish, and have been set up to interview for a position as a
Field Satellite System Installer/Technician with said company. I have no pervious experience with satellite systems, but--according to the requirements that AEI posted with the job--it seems like I am very qualified for the position. They also provide paid training.

Basically, I am looking for some people who have experience in the field to help me understand the pros and cons of the job, in order to help me make a decision should AEI offer me a position. Any information and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Tom

You can expect long hours, 6 day work weeks for months on end and fluctuations in your pay based on things you have absolutely no control over. Other than that it's a pretty fun job.

Working for AEI as a dish installer

Hi! New guy from Wisconsin here.

I
I have no pervious experience with satellite systems, but--according to the requirements that AEI posted with the job--it seems like I am very qualified for the position.

Hi, What kind of work have you done to be qualified? Enjoy working with Audio/Visual, Computers, Phones.. Ect... Are you flexible? Good work ethic? have a outgoing nature to roll with the punches? Have a family you don't mind not seeing? If you get frustrated easy I can tell you from experience it won't be for you. On the other side of the coin, I enjoyed installing for the many years I did it. And is it an hourly job or 1099? You make more $$$ being an independant contractor and less headaches but you got to supply all your own consumibles like cable and connectors & stuff and keep up on paying taxes. Hope that helped with your decision, Good Luck and let us know what you decide.