Does hockey need ‘warning track’ to prevent devastating injuries?

I don't know if that would actually do any good. I doubt they are going to look down to see where they are at. Baseball is different. You can actually feel the gravel under your feet.

I don't know if that would actually do any good. I doubt they are going to look down to see where they are at. Baseball is different. You can actually feel the gravel under your feet.
As comments in the comments section of this article notes,they do look down to see the puck.

Hell, why don't they just take-away their sticks, pucks and razor-sharp skates and issue them ballet slippers, padded bras and tutus? I am proud as hell of the one-hundred plus stitches I received while playing 12-years of youth hockey. We didn't need no stinkin' helmets. The only helmet we required was the little German helmet swinging between our legs that reminded us that we were men and not sissies. Hockey needs more fists, elbows and tough-guys...who were once known as hockey players. ;)

What's next? Padded ice!

Hell, why don't they just take-away their sticks, pucks and razor-sharp skates and issue them ballet slippers, padded bras and tutus? I am proud as hell of the one-hundred plus stitches I received while playing 12-years of youth hockey. We didn't need no stinkin' helmets. The only helmet we required was the little German helmet swinging between our legs that reminded us that we were men and not sissies. Hockey needs more fists, elbows and tough-guys...who were once known as hockey players. ;)

What's next? Padded ice!

Padded Ice ?

Interesting ..... can we patent that and make millions ?

Reactions: CK SatGuy
Padded Ice ?

Interesting ..... can we patent that and make millions ?
If were gonna go to padded Ice, we may as well go back to field hockey on grass, so it's softer and remove the skates.

Wondering, if a guy is a FAST Skater, is he also a Fast Runner, thus being able to get free for passes ?

Or just back the boards back and have an out of boards ring, turn it back into lake hockey.
Or even remove the hitting like they do for women. just get rid of the hockey name too, because once it's made perfectly safe, it'll be a different sport entirely, if even still a sport.

hockey is a gladiatorial sport just like football.
fans need to accept that fact because anyone who has played these sports at any level has accepted that fact that they might get injured maimed or dead playing the sport they love. every player accepts the risks and rewards that come from playing the game when they strap on their gear to enter the "play field".

I do not think it is a bad idea. It takes absolutely nothing away from the game, and could possibly (possibly) help reduce injuries.

Not saying this is a bad idea, but where would you place the padding? All over? The top of the boards falls well below the head of adult-size players. And if you softened all the boards, you would completely revolutionize the game by taking away a good part of its speed and energy. (Think trying to clear the puck from the defensive zone during a penalty kill.)

The problem is hockey is the only sport that's played, essentially, in a box. And boxes have sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)